Questions about uTorrent and download speed.

Cheesezilla

Sorry for the wall of text!!!

I guess ill get straight to the point.

Ya see, i never really payed much attention to the settings of uTorent.

I just kinda accepted the fact that if it took a couple days to download something it was alright with me.

For example a 2-3 gig torrent might take 2-3 days.

But now that ive watched some tutorial vids and learned about portforwarding i would really like to speed things up.

Only problem is, i don't know where to start.

People say this port is better than this port and these settings are better than these setting, and the list goes on.

Ive noticed lately that that i get the little red circle at the bottom of uTorrent when i start to download something. It usually starts off yellow then goes red.

If i understand correctly, that has something to do with my router. I have a WRT45G linksys router. It has caused problems for my Xbox in the past so i assume its whats causing my Utorrent problems.

I tried portforwarding today but when i did a port check i still got the error screen.

I found another youtube video that added another step before port forwarding and im hoping it might work.

Sadly, i dont have the same router as him so its really confusing =(

Here is a link to the video: <munched by admin - youtube setup guides give you settings that are unsupported and break things>

If there is a chance, could someone that has a linksys router and has done this before explain it to me in point form or something.

It would be really nice if I could enjoy uTorrent more.

Thanks for reading!

Cheesezilla

Archived