So frustrated...Can't forward my port!

Rhyme

I used this guide: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/USRobotics/USR8003/Utorrent.htm

I got through everything fine. I typed in the port I wanted to forward, typed in my IP, then clicked enable. But when I clicked save, the page went blank. And when I clicked on Virtual Server from the sidebar, it listed no ports as forwarded.

Ok, I thought maybe it just didn't list the ports as forwarded. But utorrent, a web port forwarding test, and a port forwarding test application all tell me that my port isn't forwarded.

So my question to you, in a nutshell, is "WTF?"

GTHK, I already followed that guide and set up my static IP, but I really have no idea about how to find the range for my router. And will entering different values into my router's "Virtual Server" really cause it to not go to a blank screen when I click save? I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this very well.

Once again:

In your router configuration somewhere.

There is nothing more specific because router configuration pages are different from router to router. Just look around in there until you find a range of IPs (either specified by a start/end, or a start/count).

Ok, I found what you were talking about. It said the range was 100-199. The first time I set up a static, I set it to 136, so this time I tried 200 (as per GTHK's suggestion). Then I went back to my router and tried to forward my ports again...and the page just went blank when I clicked save. No confirmation, as usual. D:

Archived