Where do I go from here?

Miryokuteki

Hey everyone. I'm having serious issues trying to get Utorrent setup to run smoothly, but am failing. Judging from every other topic, I am facing Double-NAT issues. My prorivder is Embarq and they gave us a EQ-660R ADSL modem to use (or Zyxel PP-660-R if that's the correct one). It's connected to a Netgear WGR614 v7 wireless router. I've gone through every topic searching for a solution, and some say to bridge the modem, but I can't find any info on how to do so with mine. Anyone knowledgeable enough to help me in layman's terms, as I know just enough to do what I have to do and be on my way. Thanks in advance!

I found how to bridge the connection as by default it's set to router mode. However, when I try to do so, my internet is shot. Nothing connects. There are a few options with bridging listed (some REF number, PPoA, PPoE) and then VC or LLC. I don't understand a thing about any of them. I just know when I tried to use PPoE it asked for a username and password, which I don't know the ISP username...or don't remember.

Archived