Windows 7 and utorrent

Kellerman

Hello all. I'm new here. :)

Recently i installed windows 7 RTM and i have a problem with uTorrent.

I installed the latest stable build, worked fine EVERYTHING around 1 hour and then when i want to open utorrent it won't OPEN. I just double-click on utorrent.exe ~100 times and it won't open. I even tried with compatibility and run as administrator and didn't worked.

But if i enter from the installation kit, it will enter directly in utorrent. WTF?

I tried to clear everything in my pc which belongs to utorrent, even from the registry or hidden files.

Windows 7 won't be a problem because for some people work just GREAT but not for ME.

Thanx in advance.

yea i figured as much when you said you were deleting everything lol. what do you mean if you enter from installation kit though? like you try to open the install exe and wat does it do? also, you can probably go about deleting any app data if its a new install of windows and u don't have stuff already up in utorrent... then maybe try to reinstall who knows

stradz113, utorrent won't open hiting utorrent.ext (the shortcut) but it will open if i LAUNCH THE INSTALLATION KIT (LOL). So if i launch the setup of utorrent, it will open utorrent not installation of utorrent, lol ... and i can't uninstall utorrent from control panel.

Switeck, i did a clean uninstall and didn't worked. I even deleted that files from app data.

I deleted EVERYTHING. I even got a uninstaller tool and deleted everything named utorrent or some items which belongs to utorrent.

1. uninstalled it.

2. clean registry of utorrent.

3. application data

where can be another setting? there is not. I start to belive it's from my windows...but for some people works. And i kinda see that it's not only utorrent with that problem...i have another 1-2 application which won't run anymore. huh

Archived