I moved the "Location of Downloaded Files" to a different drive but...

Marc779

The setting isn't retroactive, you need to move the folders yourself, and then set the new locations by right-clicking a torrent, going to advanced, and pressing Set Download Location. The torrents must be stopped, and the data will be checked for integrity.

• 3 weeks later...

moogly, I was happy to discover your post but I could not find the path that I wanted to replace when I searched. Can you give me or point me to more detailed info on 'find/replace' ?

I moved about 350 folders from one drive to another. I got tired of pointing the torrent to the correct folder after about 100 of them. So I downloaded BEncode Editor, closed out my running application, backed up resume.dat and opened the editor. All I see is ROOT. I am totally lost!

So you have to open resume.dat with BE (just as you open a .doc with Word).

After that, each torrent job has a line with its storage path.

If the storage path is unique, you can just use the function 'find/replace' (like in any text editor) to change the drive letter (your case).

Save it. Restart uT.

Thanks ULTIMA!!!! this kicks butt - I edited the path in 275 torrents in twenty seconds!

and moogly could not have done it with out you. I discovered that I had to click the little plus sign to see the list of torrents. This makes it so easy that I will not be afraid to move them again if need be.

Archived