Multiple problems...Please Help

sfmarcopolo

When I try to open uTorrent 1.8.3 my Online Armor Firewall is warning me that it is a suspicious file. The Error message reads; "The program located at C:\Program Files\UTorrent\ is suspicious because it has the same content as C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp\utt14.tmp.exe"

My firewall won't even let me OK this permanently, so I have to answer this pop-up every time I open uTorrent. I also get a similar pop-up message from my firewall when I download a new torrent.

My other problem is that uTorrent can't find my .torrent files. The main window of uTorrent shows all the files I have ever downloaded and the ones currently downloading but they are all preceded by a red square with a white x in it, and the status bar says "Error: Can't open .torrent file" I searched my computer for all .torrent files and found a few of the recent ones in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temp. In uTorrent's prefrences/directorys/Location of .torrents, there is nothing in the window and the checkbox is not checked. My download folder is intact and all files in there still work, and uTorrent is properly set to download files to this directory.

Everything was working fine, now it is totally broken. I have Win XP sp2, 2gig ram, 2800+ AMD

What should I do to fix these two problems? Thank You

I had to re-install uTorrent and first delete the contents of that temp file, that fixed everything. I guess I did have some malware in there! There is still one problem left, my long gone .torrent files. So I now have about twenty incomplete files in my download folder that are no longer associated with .torrent files. Is there any way to recreate the .torrent files? Is there any way these files can start downloading again in uTorrent? Thank's for your help,

Archived