utorrent An error has occurred! Port 11366 does not appear to be open.

bryan_x

help please.

we are using a edimax router running xp and with a previous build were getting speeds upto 400kb/s.

Now we get a max of 50 if we are lucky. it usually sits around 10-20kb/s. we have used only round half of our 200g in the last two months. it takes a week or to to download a full movie now

the port on the router is 11366 as well as utorrent. i have tried to also uninstall utorrent to no avail.

down the bottom of utorrent page the icon is a yellow triangle saying no incoming connections unless the icon turns green it could indicate a problem with your network configuration. the crazy thing is the icon has actually turned green before.... i have also tried turning off the firewall, help please!

Try the 1st link in my signature, slow speed/interrupted internet part and get back with us with the results...

Do the 1st link of my signature where it says: "INFORMATION WE MIGHT NEED IF NOTHING ELSE HELPS"

These web links might help you with software firewalls and port forwarding:

1. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=2168

2. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=7862

3. http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Many ADSL modems *ALSO* need to be configured. Check portforward.com for your modem model!

thanks Switeck, we have used port forward and is configured correctly. i tried all the settings in step one of your signature. i have switched to a wireless 2wire router now with correct settings i am still having exactly the same problems and exactly the same speeds.

i am using a pc with xp sp3. p4 3.2ghz with 3g ram. i use avast virus protection but are using windows firewall.

as you can probably tell i am self taught with computers over the last couple of years and to be honest, pretty rubbish at this side of things.

personally my (rubbish) opinion is that it is the firewall but when i turn it off i still have exactly the same problems so it cant be that... can it?

in preferences, max upload rate 5. max download rate 0 (unlimited)

on utorrent proper at the moment it is sitting on 14kb/s downloads and 5k/s uploads. although it usually sits round 50 (we have a lot of things downloading currently)

where would i find the dhcp ?

the router is a 2wire 2701HGV-W. i have upped the uploads to no avail... it has just made the gap between uploads and downloads a lot smaller.

Checking port 11366 on 123.2.30.14... this 123.2.30.14 is our private ip address. is this as its supposed to be?

could it be some sort of hidden firewall that is causing this? i am just about at the end of my rope, i am contemplating changing to azurius if i cant get this sorted. don't really want to but if i cant get this fixed i see no other choice as my technical knowhow is very limited

this is crazy, just played around with the routers firewall settings and got this!!!

Checking port 11366 on 123.2.30.14...

OK!

OK!

Port 11366 is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

success, or so i thought. twenty seconds later i tried it again as the download speed shot up and got this...

Checking port 11366 on 123.2.30.14...

An error has occurred!

An error has occurred!

Port 11366 does not appear to be open.

help...

Archived