µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

That's definitely more descriptive of your settings.

Those advanced settings...may have odd effects for all I know, (not a uTorrent programmer, just a mod and only occasional beta-tester) as I don't recall using them in that combination.

From what I can tell, with your settings...uTorrent would be incapable of reaching global max connections because it's so much higher than per torrent max connections. This may be intentional on your part, but likewise means uTorrent's "effective" max connections is barely any higher than max active torrents times max connections per torrent.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the previous one was simply NOT estimating how much bandwidth was really getting used.

If you're downloading at 100 KB/sec, there's at least 3 KB/sec upload speed used up to continue downloading at that speed. If you're uploading at 100 KB/sec, there's at least 3 KB/sec download speed used up.

Less optimal settings can increase the ~3 used per 100 to >10 used per 100!

I think there is a bug in the new toolbar skinning.

When used with an old skin (12 icons), it desaturates (or sth similar) the inactive ones to make them grey, but for some reason it also removes the transparency of the background and the icons have a grey rectangle around them.

Then I tried to make a new toolbar with 24 icons where I have already made grey variants for them. uT loads them fine, but seems to apply the same filter on the new icons, again removing the transparency.

All of this does not happen with the default skin.

So this is a 2 part bug

1) change the filter so it does not remove the transparency when 12 icon set is used

2) do not apply any filter when 24 icon set is used (since we would have already made them grey if needed)

This is, of course, if I'm not missing something obvious...

This newest build seemed to kill torrent creation for me. Not crashing, but when it goes into the file hashing process when you hit the create button once it hits the far end it just sits there and no save dialog. And cancel doesn't do anything. Have to close out uT and bring it back up.

I have had a random occuring bug. Have had it with many different builds, both alpha, beta and stable. GUI elements stops drawing after µtorrent has been running for a long time (Usually 1 week or more).

Im not sure if this is a bug with µtorrent, windows or graphic drivers. It only happens with utorrent thou.

Parts of the gui becomes black and I have to resize the window to get parts of it back. If I make it bigger things start to disappear again and if I maximize it, everything goes away. I get a window frame with a big black square.

Its not an annoying bug since it still works perfect and downloads/uploads. Just thought I should tell and also maybe get an answer of what could be wrong.

Vista x64 SP1 and Nvidia.

setup guide(2):

still crashing . The conditions:

- testing bandwidth - OK. Dialog is left opened!

- RSS active for 5 hours.

- RSS auto downloads a file

- Downloading for 5 hours

- Repeat both bandwidth & network tests - OK

- DL resumes and immediately - the dialog turns white, and uT crashes.

:(

crash dump + screen-shot enclosed:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a4ebce5425a635030f83d91f6dff7c38e04e75f6e8ebb871

And some alternate icons:

http://rw-designer.com.www.rw-designer.com/icon-set/winsvicns

edit:

one more crash - just a test from the london server... :( no downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=a4ebce5425a635030f83d91f6dff7c38e04e75f6e8ebb871

Utorrent crashed on me it came up with memory dump and i think that it should have more UK servers because it only has London and when i do a test with that it comes up with a upload speed faster than my connection can get, also i think it can be a bit confusing for beginners (The speed guide) but overall very good program keep up the good work.

I think the latest version breaks creating torrents. I updated to the latest build when I was prompted to this afternoon and now I am not able to create a torrent file. The progress bar fills all the way up but it never prompts me to save the file and the create torrent window is frozen.

Im using Vista Ult 32 bit

edit: I was able to create torrents on all the previous 2.0 builds

Speed guide (3):

Firon:

New build out to fix the setup guide crash

OK, it fixed the crash... can you fix the disabled button too ? ...

25070136.png

By rafi_d

And while you are at it - can you fix the wrong recommendations display as well ? ... looks like is shows the current settings for all and not the recommended (or the manual if one was pre-selected) ... ;) (Look @ Switeck's table ...)

26012436.png

By rafi_d

Note: be aware that the download rate results are completely off . You better cancel DL test altogether, or make it optional.

This newest build seemed to kill torrent creation for me. Not crashing, but when it goes into the file hashing process when you hit the create button once it hits the far end it just sits there and no save dialog. And cancel doesn't do anything. Have to close out uT and bring it back up.

I have the same problem on build 16515 and on the current build 16546. Windows 7 32-bit.

Archived