Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Recommended Posts

AdamK:

UL/DL tests are 10 secs each

I was afraid of that... that's the standard time. it might not be enough for speed to pick up in a 200+ latency situation. You might want to try prolong the UL test (you don't take the DL speed into account, right ?).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a kind of a weird issue, but I'm not really sure what I can do with it. Using build 16666 and it did not occur before. I keep uTorrent minimized to the system tray except when I need to add or delete a torrent. I've noticed lately that after running for a certain amount of time (I have absolutely no idea how long), the program "races", i.e., it locks up (cannot restore from systray) and uses ~50% processor time. I do notice that my CPU fan is going pretty steadily when this happens.

Since I am unable to restore the application, I have to kill the process and reload, whereupon it works just fine (until it happens again, of course). Since I have to kill the process through Windows, there is no dump to submit.

I use Windows XP Professional, SP3. I'm not exactly sure else to provide on this particular issue. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After just upgrading to µTorrent 2.0 beta 16835 it now crashes whenever a torrent starts downloading when using a HTTP proxy server. I tested this with 2 different torrents, same response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After upgrading to build 16835, uTorrent crashed then gave the option to upload dump to developers (which I did), but I think before it could upload the file, it crashed again with the error "uTorrent has crashed. Unable to generate crash dump."

I ran the uncompressed build and the instant the torrents are checked (from the last crash), bombs away again.

Edit: Windows 2008 Server Standard x64 with all patches as of Oct 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

µTorrent 2.0 beta 16835 crash twice within an hour.

dmp files failed to submit twice.....when it crashed.

suggest a place to upload(dump) dmp files in this forum instead on somewhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I start uTorrent 16835, it just crashes instantly. Here is the dump file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?tnzuztlqazq

I think it should be a good idea to provide link to download a previous version in case of new build crashes like me. Can anybody provide link to an older build?

EDIT: I downloaded the older build from the server, just replace the build number is OK :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This build was intentionally much more crashy. Asserts were added to help track down various bugs. When the assert is triggered, it crashes (by design). Thanks for testing it. The old build has been posted again for you to roll back to.

If you have any crashdumps that you weren't able to submit from within the client, please e-mail them to me. firon at utorrent.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Firon:

rafi, it comes with the territory. You did pick to be a beta tester.

yeah, but there were some rules to this 'game': full change-log or nothing will be tested... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest beta started crashing yesterday. Was downloading one big torrent and I added a smaller one. Something happened while Utorrent was running in the background and it crashed. Upon restart it ran for a minute then crashed again. Restarted again and forced a recheck on the new torrent and it crashed before it finished. Tried again and this time it finished the recheck but crashed right after. I deleted the torrent data and forced a recheck again but it crashed before it finished. Finally I removed the newer torrent altogether and added it again, but again it crashed. So I said fine and left the new torrent out. Utorrent was checking my big torrent, took a couple minutes, and crashed before it finished.

I could never send a dump report, some HTTP error. Also ran into that /RECOVER error. I rolled back to a stable 1.8.4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.