µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teredo: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/09/09/how-to-disable-tcpipv6-teredo-tunneling-in-vista/

http://forskningsnett.uninett.no/ipv6/IPv6hostswindows.html

uTP: Preferences > Advanced

bt.transp_disposition: This option controls µTorrent's level of bias towards using TCP or uTP for transporting data (assuming the peer at the other end of the connection supports both transport protocols). The following is a list of the accepted values:

1 allows µTorrent to attempt outgoing TCP connections

2 allows µTorrent to attempt outgoing uTP connections

4 allows µTorrent to accept incoming TCP connections

8 allows µTorrent to accept incoming uTP connections

16 tells µTorrent to use the new uTP header. This is an improved communication header, but is not backwards compatible with clients that do not understand it.

This option is interpreted as a bitfield, so values can be added together to obtain a combination of behaviors. Setting this value to 255 guarantees that all behaviors are enabled.

The new Utorrent Program file automatically installed and then everything went to hell.

At least 40% of my torrents now have errors,when there were none last night, they were all completed - I had no current downloads all were seed but now there is a variety of errors such as Error:Can't open torrent files. I don't have time to mess with them and fix them so i will just leave them for now. but be aware, i did nothing different, they just stopped working from one day to the next. - Weird. One other thing, now when I right click to Open Containing Folder, the file opens and plays in my Media Player, that is weird too!!

I just tried to upgrade from 1.8.3 to 2.0. The installer silently failed when I clicked the "Install" button until I manually deleted the C:\Program Files\uTorrent folder. I had saved the program to that folder, thinking ugprading was just like the old version, replace the EXE file. Perhaps it tried to delete the folder, couldn't, and then just sat there and didn't say anything.

I just want to know why utorrent has different speed numbers for individual torrents compared to what it has for the global u/d speeds.

The total upload number for all torrents (global) is very different compared to what the numbers on the torrents say.

Why?

Healy, I feel like there's some important information we're missing or overlooking.

What is your software firewall/s and Antivirus/s?

What Windows OS?

How many torrents do/did you have running?

...And roughly how many total seeds/peers were on these torrents?

A very high incoming connection rate could noticeably increase both download and upload values in the Speed graph window/tab, but they would not increase how fast you're downloading/uploading torrents.

I just have a router and am using windows f/w with a uT exception. XP sp3 I'm running 3 torrents right now.

One of them is really popular with about 300+ leechers.

When I start the graph immediately shoots up to 30 or 40 when the torrents themselves report no uploading.

Is it just the 300+ leech single torrent messing with the speed graph? If it is, it's kind of annoying but no big deal. If it's uTorrent being buggy I'm just going to go back to 184.

Right now I'm getting 90k upload on the graph and 50-70 k up on the torrent. Peers reads like this 50 (600).

I kind of figured that the lower speed readings on the torrent is more accurate then the global number.

It's just very weird to see the two numbers so wildly different. All of my network settings are fine.

Healy,

If you have 300+ peers trying to connect to you, they will try and retry your ip about once per minute. This means roughly 5 peers trying to connect per second.

I don't know what I'm looking for, because your conditions are probably a rare combination in some way...so I don't have any answers yet.

What uTorrent settings are you using, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G) as well as any advanced settings you've changed?

I left it running overnight and didn't change any settings, it seems to be working fine now. It just doesn't make any sense because the torrents I were trying to download had over 100 seeders, and 1.8.4 started downloading right away. Any torrent that I open starts up right away now, I guess it was just a lemon at first. A bug that's not reproducible is not a bug at all.

preferencesa.png

Transfer Cap figures are clearly incorrect.

They are also different to the figures in the the statistics box.

Uploaded this run: 2.76 GB

Downloaded this run: 319 MB

Uploaded Today: 1.06 GB

Downloaded Today: 127 MB

Transferred last 31 days: 10.2 GB

Total Uploaded: 822 GB

Total Downloaded: 653 GB

Total Ratio: 1.258

Total Running Time: 22894:27:20

Number of torrents added: 815

Program launched: 864 times

Last launched: 23/Oct/2009 11:12:32 AM

# incoming conns since start: 48241

# outgoing conns since start: 31276

# handshake: 122221

# connections: 42

# uTP connecting: 2

# TCP connecting: 2

# half-open: 3 (0 queued)

µTorrent 2.0 beta 16850, Windows 7 x86 RTM

I have a lot of torrents running, and used the pause all option while I loaded a ton of webpages on my dinky line. Then I had set one torrent to start and forgot about it overnight. When I came back, the torrent was a queued seed! A queued seed while all the other torrents were paused and had no activity. This occurs in 1.8.5rc1 as well. Why don't the don't count slow settings take affect? And why would paused torrents be counted in the first place?

Speed graph picture, taken about 2:26pm (-6gmt): http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1759/22702566.png

Dump file I made of 1.8.5rc1: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=dd096a9fc74eefe0d2db6fb9a8902bda

tested if my port was forwarded last night, the network status icon in the status bar was green, and download speeds were as they should have been, but the results said my network was not set up correctly. re-did the test just now, and it reported everything as fine.

Nice to see a couple of changes made for those using through WINEwine_glass.png

At least we Linux users are getting some features indirectly, though someday I hope we get a native version...

But disabling the installer isn't necessarily beneficial, because for instance, I have a script I use to redirect torrent files to load in µTorrent & guess where it points to... C:\Program Files\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe

But it's not a huge deal, because I can rename it & move it, but my point is that most people expect WINE app to have an installer, so it isn't always very beneficial to not have one...

LOVE THE UDP SUPPORT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

I haven't used µTorrent for 3 or 4 days (was shaped... :(), and now the number of DHT nodes is hovering around 100, whereas normally it's at ~300.

Is this normal/expected?

PS. bt.tcp_rate_control kills my download speeds. My connection is so down biased that it really pains me to discover uTorrent thinks it's a good idea to limit downloads.

utorrent-2.0-beta-17127.upx.exe cannot connect to any tracker. it writes "updating" and nothing happens.

Both utorrent-2.0-beta-16850.upx.exe and utorrent-2.1-beta-17085.upx.exe are working fine.

Add: Sorry, all trackers connected after some lo-o-ong time, other versions connects much faster

Archived