µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

Why was the Bandwidth Global Upload Rate Limiting "Automatic" option removed in Beta v2? I found this to be a very effective option (using 1.8.3 - haven't tried 1.8.4 yet) - much easier than adjusting it manually. I also noticed slower upload AND download speeds with 2.0 (WinXP SP3 all updates) - are the Advanced settings "tweaks" any different with 2.0?

Thanks!

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I tried the new Beta and my speeds were GARBAGE! So I tried 1.8.4 - speeds STILL garbage, so I dropped back to 1.8.3 (where I was getting GREAT speeds), but now my speeds are garbage like the other 2 versions.

Is there a fix for this? Is there a registry setting, or a local file that needs deleting or modifying?

Thanks!

Zaim7890:

...when will the upload speed problem be sorted? ...i find ut 2 alot better than 1.8.4 cuz i can connect to peers etc alot quicker.

Eventualy...

DeathStalker:

Well, I tried the new Beta and my speeds were GARBAGE! So I tried 1.8.4 - speeds STILL garbage, so I dropped back to 1.8.3 (where I was getting GREAT speeds), but now my speeds are garbage like the other 2 versions.

Is there a fix for this?

look for "garbage" somewhere else in your PC...

rafi - no "garbage" on my system - speeds in 1.8.3 were GREAT until I installed 2.0 - speeds now better again with 1.8.3. Also no firewall rules, etc regarding ut - issue is definitely with 2.0 beta.

Wondering if there might have been any settings files left over from 2.0 installation that might conflict with dropping back. Didn't loose any current torrents, just didn't have much speed (up or down) with 2.0.

to be honest with you DeathStalker, I'm staying with 1.8.3 as well, until things will stabilize. Nevertheless, my experience with 2.0 was not bad and speeds were quite good. There were other issues like bugs in the Upload/DL speed limiters and so on...

th3ron and I tried to reproduce the crash on create torrent in Windows 7 x64, and could not reproduce it. If someone can post a small file for which the crash reproduces onto rapidshare, along with any settings used to create the torrent, and settings files (if they are different from the default), we will try to reproduce it on our machines. Thanks!

Virtual_ManPL, earlier you said:

"I use Switeck settings for my 3Mb/256kb (in night I have 12Mb/512kb)"

So presumably you were using the 256 kilobit/sec or 512 kilobit/sec upload speed settings?

I would expect huge upload speed overruns if half open limit and/or bt.connect_speed was set high enough. DHT being enabled and/or "Disconnect: Can't sync DH3" can also create some unavoidable overheads as well.

@ Switeck - with my 12Mb / 512kb I use

active torrents - 4 (2 with 256kb up)

max connections - 250 (125 with 256kb up)

max connections on torrent - 50 (25 with 256kb up)

upload slots per torrent - 2

bt.connection_speed = 20 (default)

net.max_halfopen = 8 (default)

in advances changed from default are:

bt.allow_same_ip=true

bt.no_connect_to_services=false

bt.prio_first_last_piece=true

bt.scrape_stopped=true

isp.bep22=true

but reverting it to default setting didnt take effects, because upload is still overwritten

I can post more info or post settings.dat if it will be needed

Archived