µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still some small issues with the setup/speed guide (5):

1* the # of peers per torrent for UL speeds @2M and above are smaller then the # @1.5M . Probably a typo error...

2* "connection failed: incorrect function" what does it mean ?

3* I think there is a flaw in the recommendation logic: If selects the table item closest to the results, but ABOVE them. You might consider selecting the table "line" just BELLOW them, so there it will not create anomalies like the example here:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=429245#p429245

4* changing the port # should enable the "save & close" button

5* GUI logic:

- do not run any test

- select any UL value ("save" enabled)

- go back to "test-results"

"save" still enabled... and you can set all '0' as your settings.

"save" should be re-disabled for "test-results" selection until any valid test results are available.

*6 and... unfortunately - a system reset caused by a speed test (Win XP crash dump):

http://www.mediafire.com/?exnxumsz1ev

and some comments:

a. why not just use the standard "Apply/OK/cancel" notation for buttons instead of "save & close" which means - "OK" + the "run test" ? ...

b. why not add a ping latency test to the test-server and display it ? this way it can assist in assessing the reason for the test results being crappy (some times... )

no, as I wrote it was a system hard reset. And I didn't say it was Kerio's fault, GTHK did. I still suspect uTorrent, even if inderectly... :P

and an UL limiter issue: It seems that with net.calc_overhead=true iא does not obey the UL limit. at least with "nerrow" line bandwidth.

19833193.png

By rafi_d

This is a very good build, indeed. However, thank God there are bugs, because you developers would have no job at all, besides adding new features and stuff. Well, you might at times wish there were no surfacing bugs, but that's another thing... :)

Here's a quick bug report: in the setup guide, the "save & close" button remains disabled even if "automatic port mapping" gets ticked or unticked. Isn't that abnormal?

Yours,

twipley

16666 is "sending" packets with 1506 bytes (cable, 1500 MTU), second to WireShark when seeding/uploading via uTP (just 1 connection/peer at 0,2 - 5kB/s)

But when connected to another distant peer, sends packets from 120 to 300 bytes max only (uTP).

Is this expected?

[WinXP-Pro-SP3, Cable PPPoA 4Mbit/600kbit, SBV5120 modem, RTL8139/810x nic)

I just upgraded 1.84 to the most recently-listed 2beta, and I'm receiving far fewer connected peers than previously. Example: public DHT-enabled torrent with three html and three udp trackers (html one listed first), 160 peers.

While seeding as a 100% seeder, I previously I had approximately thirty connected while behind a Comcast server firewall which prevents port-forwarding. Upon upgrading, only a couple connected. Upload speed to them was very slow, and eventually they disconnected and did not return.

Only Bitcomet peers seemed able to connect.

um, I have build 16546 and it doesn't see the update :( Its been 2 days now. Guess would have to do it manually. :( Any ideas anybody?

guys I tried one more thing, dunno why it isn't successful . I tried to add a tracker to a .torrent but it didn't succeed. The .torrent file was already put up on the other site. Any ideas or suggestions would be nice.

I also have one more query/question but its more generic in nature. Does ISP peering have any effect on bittorrent?

Also is there some flag which I can turn on so can serve those people who are geographically nearer to me first then far?

I know that both the questions don't mean the same. I could have a peer who's geographically closer but to serve him/her I have to go through 10 hoops around the world in which case it would make sense to serve somebody sitting in the US or elsewhere.

One bug though :- Maybe its been reported before or not. In the earlier releases, one could update the trackers on the fly (meaning while the torrent files were seeding). Now this is greyed out. I do not know whether that's part in due to some changes at the private trackers though. Any ideas and suggestions on the same would be good.

DreadWingKnight can you suggest where I can read a bit more multitracker torrents.

Rafi:

1: I'll ask Firon to take a look at the presets.

2: "Incorrect Function": I'm looking into this.

3: Recommendation logic: Yes, it's still using the old algorithm. Expect the new algorithm in the next refresh

4: I'm going to change how this works.

5: Test results: I'm going to only add this menu item after a successful test result

6: I'll check that crash dump

Virtual_ManPL: It's on the list. It has not been scheduled yet.

lamsoft: I can't see your screenshot

Honeyfrog: Is the situation the same with previous 2.0 betas? Can you try one or two versions back?

andrebrait: It does - you can still select different settings after the test. Better dialog wording coming.

Thanks All

Do you guys realize that when you post dumps (i.e. .DMP files), you usually reveal private information? Things like your Windows user name, torrent, path and file names, programs installed/running, and some other things? Those things are stored in string form right in the dump files; anyone can see it.

Archived