µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RazorBoy143: Ultima answered your question: http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=436855#p436855

The only real user-facing issue currently with µTorrent's handling of magnet URIs (for the Windows version anyway -- I'm not sure how µTorrent Mac handles it) is that it doesn't actually ask the user where he/she wishes to save the torrent contents to on the drive -- it uses the default download location set in the preferences. The reason it doesn't ask immediately once the magnet URI is added is because µTorrent doesn't actually know anything about the torrent contents (name, size, or files) until it gets the metainfo, and (as mentioned above) the metainfo can take a bit of time to get. As such, if the user adds a magnet URI, steps away, and forgets that he/she needs to select a download directory once the metainfo file is actually received, the torrent would never proceed downloading until the user gets back, which may not be what the user expects.

Minor anomaly with 2.0.1723 and earlier v2.0 releases: when this torrent is active:

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/114932081/three+moons+over+milford?tab=summary

The Peers column on the summary display shows a greater number of peers than is shown on the Trackers tab - peers column for that torrent. This is the only torrent that seems to have this issue.

Of course I can set both:

1. Queueing->Seed While->Ratio Is: <= 150%

2. Queueing->When µTorrent Reaches the Seeding Goal: Limit the upload rate to 0 kb/s

However, IMO the Seed While setting should be sufficient to prevent seeding. If it is meant to be used in conjunction, then the UI should be clear about this, as I see it now, these are different things, I may want to seed forever but when a certain goal is reach, limit the speed so newer torrents have preference over older torrents, but at the same time I would like to stop seeding for torrents after a certain value is reached.

And after thinking about it, what would be the purpose of seeding a torrent if the upload rate is set to 0 anyway?

So, my conclusion is, it should stop seeding automatically without the need to stop it manually.

Edit: After reading the relevant FAQ again (twice), I need to mention, that it is confusing, what is in the FAQ as well as when I look at the settings UI, it should set the upload rate to 0 automatically and add another option to override this in the torrent properities for a specific torrent as it is with the share ratio setting, in case I would like to do so, now it is the other way around which confuses me, and of course I see now that I always used the wrong settings until today.

17273 and 17341 both appear to partially crash randomly when adding or modifying torrents that are BOTH named with Chinese/Cyrillic characters and containing file information that is in those scripts.

Loading Latin based torrents or torrents named in CH/CY with only Latin files work fine.

By stating "crash" the program continues to run, down/upload work fine in every way EXCEPT I can no longer right click on anything (doing so results in no activity).

BTW: when the crash occurs (easy to recreate) it gives me the option "uTorrent has crashed, send error message to developers?" and of course I said yes.

Archived