Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Firon

µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Thanks for the tip Moogly.

When you said "some private trackers can blacklist alphas & betas" what did you mean by "private trackers can blacklist alphas & betas"?

Would you know how to download files quicker?

My doubts lay on whether a file is save to be downloaded.

Cheers,

Lock

@Larry Lock: some private trackers ban all the beta versions of BT clients and accept only stable versions (to avoid possible bad reports of UL/DL stats). Just read the tracker FAQ to see which client is allowed or not.

Certainly not an internet connectio, which i can argue mine is high and higher than most users out there...nevertheless i am after a way of downloading a file much, much quicker...thanks so far

I've noticed that I have two uTorrent entries in Add or Remove Programs, one for 1.9 and another for 2.0

Ah, it's because 1.9 was in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uTorrent

and 2.0 was in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uTorrent

Not sure why. They both point to the main uTorrent.exe in program files so uninstalling either of them would break both.

clean up what ? some programs do keep the settings files after un-install so to be able to upgrade easier to the next release . So maybe an option for this in the un-installer can help.

Yes, I understand what to do, but what I was pointing out that the confusion that would occur to non-beta (less technically adept) participant's

;)

I'm still getting random program lockups, where it starts using 50% of CPU (according to Task Manager) and it "locks out" my networking (i.e., no other application can access the Internet) until I kill the process.

No crash log is ever generated, nor does uTorrent recognize that it's crashing; it just locks up.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to help eliminate this? As far as I know, it does not happen with 1.8.5, but I haven't left that version installed long enough at a time to see. With 2.0, this happens randomly: Sometimes multiple times within an hour, other times not at all for days of consecutive running.

The Seed until function doesnt works correctly... but i dont know if its in connexion with the beta...

e.x.

Seed until

100% OR 3000 min

But µtorrent makes an logical AND

but i want that if one condition reached the seed stopps :(

any suggestions ?

/edit

b 17341

win 7 x64 b 7600

2.0 beta 17341 - When using magnet links the "Append .!ut to incomplete files" setting has no effect. I haven't tried magnet links much before so perhaps it's a known limitation, but I couldn't find a notice about that.

17341 - GUI/TRANSLATION BUG

There is missing this string for translation: "Transfer Cap is not Set"

It is located in Speed Tab if "Enable Transfer Cap" is unchecked.