µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jivan

private trackers have anticheat scripts and could detect the event bug as a cheat

@guijarrelson

is net.calc_overhead enabled?

if so the extra upload may be protocol overhead

remember utp transfers use more of it than tcp ones

I've been using v1.9 build 1538 for some time now and it's been working very well with both TCP and uTP uploading and downloading (via my German ISP).

I changed to v2.0 build 16081 and immediately a couple of my torrents received "Corrupt Torrent - Please Delete" error messages from the tracker (as highlighted in posts #5, #13, etc of this topic). Adding new torrents (from Demonoid.com) resulted with this error message with each attempt.

Hi All,

A couple tips about attaching files:

If there is only one file, please don't archive it - the web servers will handle the compression.

Also, regarding Rapidshare: I need my eyes to be able to program. So please avoid that one if you can.

Thanks.

Have been using uTorrent for awhile - decided to go ahead and download the beta to help out the community. Everything has been great - with one notable exception...

The new "speed test" feature is reporting inaccurate upload speeds of 52 kB/s (from all test servers).

2j2dq28.jpg

If I go directly to the MLab site, it's accurate:

dvo4s8.jpg

Here's another for reference:

536887320.png

Regardless of this, THANKS for making a great program!

the error only occurs when tracker has format http://...:.../xxxxx...xxxxxx/announce

That is the format used by XBT trackers. XBT is used by many of the higher-traffic private sites. It doesn't like µTorrent 2.0b's omission of the parameter 'event=started' to the initial contact with the announce URI.

According to theory.org's version of the BitTorrent specification, it is right to: "started: The first request to the tracker must include the event key with this value". The version at bittorrent.org doesn't say the same so clearly, but the implication is certainly there. Needs fixing.

Is there a workaround for the "HTTP Error 404" bug?

Not as far as I can see.

That is the format used by XBT trackers. XBT is used by many of the higher-traffic private sites. It doesn't like µTorrent 2.0b's omission of the parameter 'event=started' to the initial contact with the announce URI.

you're basically right! but the problem is that the beta sends event=completed instead of started, and event=started instead of completed

i think this is causing the 404 error. i didn't try it at demonoid but it's most likely causing the corrupt torrent issue, unless there's something different on how v2 reports the info_hash, but in that case you'd get "torrent not registered with this tracker".

if the bittorrent team fixed this event problem it'd be great, i need v2's utp and nat hole punching features. thanks in advance, thumbs up :)

Archived