µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b16126:

Serious improvements, huh! CONGRATULATIONS!

Now it's working fine. Those 404's are gone for good.

Good speeds and under limits (with: bt.transp 15 + net.calc_over FALSE + bt.tcp_rate_control FALSE) - will test others configs later.

Seeding +140, upload limited to 3 with 3 up slots each, max conn = 32, max conn per torrent =8, Max up 65KBytes/sec, Max down 450KBytes/sec, ADSL-Cable-PPPoA-4Mbit/sec d/l - 600kbit/sec u/l.

WinXP-PRO-SP3 up to date, Sempron 3000+, 1GB RAM.

Very low CPU (0 to 3%, 9% peak), RAM under same good usage. :cool:

THANK YOU!

Still hangs for me on w7 (RTM x86)

Got a taskmanager dump if it is any help, mention if it is because it took /ages/ to upload.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/othtm2n0mqa/uTorrent.rar

This time it was without a visible error dialog and was while minimised with a forgotten speedguide:

setupguidenotresponding.png

I have another that I can upload (also about 30MB) that displayed this:

torrentnotresponding2.png

(reverting to 1.9alpha because I can't stand hangs like this every few minutes)

hi all,

The 2.0 new build is indeed a winner :). Some queries though :-

There are few new/old options like :-

allow pairing

bt.tcp_rate_control

bt.transp_disposition

Is there some page or something where I can find more about these three options and they are meant for what/whom?

Hello all,

Thanks for this new beta, there are many useful features.

I tried to use the new Speed Guide but that seems to be still buggy.

uT hangs during the speedtest (with server 1 of NYC), almost 60 sec. Anyway uT is able to respond again if you don't kill it in Task Manager but it crashes after few seconds (enable to generate a crash dump).

It will be nice to have s 'stop' button on Speed Guide.

Seeptest results are not very accurate, I'm from West Europe, so maybe it would be better in future to provide some servers in Europe to run the speedtest (server providers like Leaseweb or OVH have a good connectivity in UE).

As previous users have reported, speeds are better with bt.transp = 15 + net.calc_over= FALSE + bt.tcp_rate_control= FALSE.

To finish, just a little info about security (maybe off-topic but interesting):

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10301485-245.html

2 researchers have found it's possible to trick computers by hijacking the communications during the update process for Skype and other applications.

I don't know how uT and its servers do the updating process but updating systems with HTTPS seem to be not affected by this potential exploit.

hi all (again),

This time I want to report problem on the DHT implementation. In the Options > Preferences > Bittorrent options there is Enable DHT for new torrents . Although I have checked it, if I put up a new torrent and look at the trackers DHT is shown as disabled .

DreadWingKnight, would love your comment on this.

To finish, just a little info about security (maybe off-topic but interesting):

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-10301485-245.html

2 researchers have found it's possible to trick computers by hijacking the communications during the update process for Skype and other applications.

I don't know how uT and its servers do the updating process but updating systems with HTTPS seem to be not affected by this potential exploit.

It won't work with µTorrent. Our updates are signed with public key cryptography and it verifies that the update is signed correctly before applying said update. A hijacked update would fail this test and never work.

v2.0.16126:

Configs second to (my) previous post #102 above.

More than 12h non-stop on a private tracker and I noticed:

1) Less uTP connections than previous v15380,

2) Better speed via TCP than v15380, worse for uTP,

usually I get HIGH LATENCY from my ISP (~230ms to Europe, ~350ms to Russia, ~160ms to USA "ping-time").

BUT I may be wrong on 1) and 2) b/c it was only eye-checked from time to time

(any chance to separately graph/log uTP and TCP transfers on future versions?)

3) Good stability in transfers - no more roller-coaster (at least for uploading).

Much less retransmitted packets than v15380 (checked with WS).

4) CPU, RAM and Disk supposedly under very good conditions.

10h upload graph & statistics (private tracker on all torrents):

utv201612610hgraph.th.png

Process Explorer after more than 12h non-stop:

utv201612610hprocexpl.th.png

fowl said, "I think you'll find that my browser correctly uses the attachment api and tells the shell to verify the signature... which it does!"

My statement was more about the web browser being vulnerable due to 3rd party add-ons, scripts, etc...as well as the numerous buffer overflow tricks and other bugs which make the browser inherently insecure. Google Chrome may be relatively secure...but even it is only as good as its weakest link.

uTorrent has had a few bugs and vulnerabilities of its own that have been revealed. But as far as I know those have been patched. And with the limited interface with 3rd party programs (webui for instance), outside vulnerability is far more unlikely.

Something about the v2 betas I DON'T like is uTorrent no longer shows current settings when doing CTRL+G. I've been using this as a troubleshooting step to determine what people are using...and the loss of that feature will increase the difficulty of troubleshooting speed problems. :(

(Many people are overwhelmed by the number of settings in uTorrent, and being able to ask for a short list as shown by CTRL+G is much easier.)

v2.0.16126:

I have more than 140 torrents 100% completed from a private tracker for seed.

When I start uT, it scrapes a lot of them very quickly (ok).

Then it starts seeding 3 torrents.

Most of the times, these initial seeding are torrents without any peers, and uT don't upload nothing.

Then, after some time, it starts seeding more torrents, but again, most of the time are torrents without any peer. And this procedure repeats for a long time until all torrents stays in seeding mode (~1h).

The result is: for those torrents with some peers it stays in "queued seed" for a looong time.

BTW, I have:

queue.prio_no_seeds = true

queue.use_seed_peer_ratio = true

queue.slow_ul_threshold = 3072

queue.slow_dl_thredshold = 20480

Maximum number of active torrents (u/l or d/l) = 3 (64KB max upload, 600kbit/sec u/l link)

Questions:

1) Is there a way to change this order, for start seeding those torrents with peers more quickly?

2) Is there a way to start seeding all torrents with 0 peers more quickly?

(I don't think that increasing the "max number of active torrents" is a good idea. I want to preserve good speed for those torrents in upload state. I found 3 as a good number).

Thanks.

Archived