µTorrent 2.0 beta 17539

Firon

Still can't remove entries in the "Run Program" drop down box as far I can see, and would be nice to be able to have the option to run a program automatically after the file has been downloaded by RSS (such as WinRAR), but otherwise, good so far on W7 x64 RTM.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tried/upgraded to "µTorrent 2.0 beta 16126" today & the speed remained VERY low for ALL torrents, at most ~20 kB/s for a very WELL seeded torrent, waited for hours and speed remained the same. Checked router's bandwidth graphs, thinking it might be d/l faster than what was displaying, but router says it's also d/l VERY slowly. Initiated 2 more torrents and speed was still slow. Downgraded back to 1.8.3 and speed went to several hundred kB/s in a matter of less than a minute.

transfer cap settings are not powerful enough.

you can currently set the duration for uTorrent to examine (up to a 1 month datespan) and you can set whether it looks at DL or UL or both.

in my country the most common ISP trick when attracting subscribers is to allow for example

5Gb download between 10am and 9:59:59pm (peak) plus

15Gb of download between 10pm and 9:59:59am (offpeak)

while this may just be a feature for a couple of the big ISPs here, I suspect is a far more widespread policy for ISPs worldwide, and this could be easily catered for in a similar way as the 'scheduler' feature, by implementing a scheduler for the transfer cap.

specify a triplestate - DL / UL / UL+DL - which stops torrents in the different hourly time-intervals once the specified limit for that time-interval and the selected state (DL / UL / BOTH) is reached for the specified datespan.

further, you could specify a billing cycle so that your transfer cap resets itself on the 5th of every month, or so that the transfer cap resets itself at the commencement of every calender month

this is a GREAT feature, but just a little more development would make it superb.

something strange with ut 2.0 : it seems to "count" non-data upload/download

I know nearly nothing about packet transmissions etc, but when let's say I download something at 1MB/sec, now ut displays a 25-40k/sec upload associated to this very same torrent, even if I'm the only leecher :) , as it was displaying some http acknowledgements packets, even if there's zero data uploaded (and the problem works both ways if I'm the only seeder on one torrent, I have the same kind of '"virtual" download associated)

good thing is that "fake" upload/download is not counted in stats but it's still a serious problem when we have to manage upload limits/upload distribution between torrents because, well, we just can't do it properly anymore.

well, maybe none-saturated is a better term. Taking account of the overhead will help keep your upload within the real-actual limit you set for it (especially important for asymmetrical / 1-10 connections), thus - other applications (browsers) might 'suffer' less...

People will try to download at >500 KB/sec with 10 KB/sec max upload speed limit, complain that upload speed is exceeding the max they set with net.calc_overhead=true...and demand that they be allowed to totally leech so that upload be held below their set max.

So much for "balance"!

As two other users here have experienced, 2.0 beta crashed with the message: 'windows ran out of memory. unable to allocate -48 bytes. please close some applications and press ok'.

My OS is 32-bit XP SP2. I re-launched, re-installed, re-booted and tried everything except standing on my head but the problem kept recurring after a few minutes. Funny thing is 2.0 was working excellently with great speed and increased number of peers for two full days.

I reverted to 1.8.3 but couldn't take the slow speed and a reduction in the number of peers any more after being spoiled on a 2.0 diet. Then I tried 1.9 beta and it's working very well now, just as fast as 2.0. Hope it can go beyond the next two days! Thanks for your continual updates.

Switeck:

... with 10 KB/sec max upload speed limit, complain that upload speed is exceeding the max they set with net.calc_overhead=true... ... So much for "balance"!

On the contrary, my dear Switeck... :) . if they will set it to "true", the actual "net" data upload rate will be much lower then their set UL limit, since uTorrent will try to keep the sum of both the UL rate related to the DL overhead (first!) + the actual data UL rate - to BELOW this set limit.

Or maybe I mis-understood you ..

Archived