µTorrent Mac 0.9.2 alpha

Firon

I'd like to start off by saying thank you to the developers for providing utorrent free of charge.

I'm posting to inform you that for some reason, I cannot download some files from Demonoid. Some torrents work - I get a blue arrow saying all is working fine and the torrent downloads with no problems.

Some torrents from the same site downloads with a red arrow - without any problems regarding peer connections.

However, some torrents don't download at all - they have a red arrow, shows the number of seeders and leechers while no downloading/uploading activity takes place.

My connection status is green and I have no port forwarding issues. I have noticed that this issue is common to all sites, not just to Demonoid. Some torrents work, and some don't, and a some work with a red arrow.

Any idea on why this is?

I've noticed somewhat the same problem. There are red arrows on some torrents that on the previous non-alpha had green arrows. Ports are forwarded properly, and they connect just fine, just has a red arrow for some reason. However, I have no clue what's wrong, because it just gives me a red arrow and nothing else. Perhaps this is a time the developers should expand tracker/connection error reporting in the torrent?

Is there a debug mode or something that will show all errors that are occurring?

I'm relieved to see that I wasn't the only one experiencing problems, I'm not a nut after all :)

I installed Snow Leopard yesterday, and utorrent keeps on shutting down after a few minutes - has anyone else experienced this problem?

EDIT: I just realised that utorrent shuts down automatically when the display goes to sleep - not the computer itself, just the display.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived