Seed connecting issues

ocelot77

I have been using uTorrent for a few years now and am pretty familiar with it. Was using it on Telus 6.0 Mb/s ADSL getting down speeds of ~600 kb/s until recently moving into a place that has Shaw, albeit Extreme 15.0 Mb/s. I'm nowhere near a Shaw fan and am aware of their throttling, although been getting test speeds of above 20 Mb/s, time dependant.

Here's the issue. Downloading files with hundreds of seeds and more peers (weekly shows I've been getting all season beforehand) I am unable to connect to a decent amount of peers. Not so strange in itself, however I have recently tossed on a fresh install of uTorrent on my laptop (both running 1.8.3) downloading teh same file, and the laptop is able to connect to more peers than my PC and enjoying a higher speed. (Yes, I stopped my download on PC so as not to skew results due to local peer).

I have tried using the test torrents suggested at http://slackware.com/torrents and it maxes my downspeed at about 2.0 Mb/s.

291pb1l.jpg

Only difference I can see since I've mirrored the uTorrent settings is that the PC is on Wireless N and the Laptop is on Wireless G, both connecting to an Apple Airport Extreme (which pumps out N, but compatible with G).

Can anyone shed some light on it?

Archived