UDP port bind failed 0.0.0.0:26817: (10061) No connection could be....

knone21

Under the logger tab of uTorrent, it says UDP port bind failed 0.0.0.0:26817: (10061) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Also, near the bottom it either says "DHT: Waiting to log in" or "DHT: (0) Nodes" or something similar.

I assume that these problems are related and I'm not sure what to do about it. I have read and followed steps on other forums but to no avail.

My port is forwarded correctly, I have checked. I am running on Windows XP Media Center Edition and I have waited to install my new Firewall until I have this figured out to make sure a Security system is not the problem. I also have Comcast cable.

Thank you for reading and I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Disabling the UPnP and NAT-PMP options seemed to help for a bit. The icons next to the torrent were blue a little longer, then went to red again.

At the bottom, it still says "DHT: waiting to log in." If it's not too much to ask, could you explain what that is? I have read other forums about but am still not sure what that means.

Also, instead of getting my previous error message in the Logger tab, I now get this:

UDP port bind failed 0.0.0.0:26817: (10022) An invalid argument was supplied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly last time. Thank you.

Sorry about all the fuss, but I recently just found a really old Security software and firewall on my system. It was an old Panda Security.

I uninstalled it and it began downloading my torrents.

Thanks so much for your help guys, it's greatly appreciated!

Archived