troubleshooting for resume file problem Error Messages

JeannetteNTX

The troubleshooting for resume file problem Error Messages on this site says:

"2. How do I fix Error: Unable to save the resume file?

Simply create two blank files named "settings.dat" and "resume.dat" (without the quotes) in the same folder utorrent.exe is saved in. Make sure Windows is not hiding the file extension when creating the file (in Explorer, Tools -> Folder Options -> View, uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", hit OK)"

Do I have to delete the other "settings.dat" and "resume.dat" files, because my computer says I cannot create a file with the same name? Will it affect anything if I delete the original (and new and old) "settings.dat" and "resume.dat" files?

How do I make a hijackthis log?

http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

would not open and my server is working fine... did diagnostic. Can you check it and see what you get?

Is it possible to delete the resume.dat file and not mess up utorrent. I have removed and added utorrent several times to see if this issue would stop. The version before the 1.8.4 never did this.. is there a way to download the older versions?

• 5 months later...

I had this problem, because I moved the settings files from their usual per-user location to the folder the utorrent.exe program is in, as suggested in order to create a portable / multiuser installation. Turns out that in my operating system (windows 7 64-bit) this folder and its contents are read-only for users. So I set permissions for users to allow all operations, and the problem was solved.

Archived