seeding but not downloading???

cutmyfaceoff

utorrent was working properly, but has stopped being able to download. I am attempting to download from two separate servers. The files are queuing, but are not downloading. It says that the files have many more seeders to leachers. Its just not connecting to them.

One of the servers I am trying to download from I am actively seeding to and have been for the last day.

I run windows vista 64, and have uninstalled Utorrent and downloaded and installed the latest version, with no changes. Tried everything in the Faq as well on setting up the network. Been using this for 6 months without any problems re-installing did not fix.

I am running kapersky anti-virus if that is applicable..

This started with no changes to the system that I am aware of???

There are 3 files seeding with about 14 available.

only 6 files queued from two separate providers as I said. I queued 2 of the files the night before and realized they were not downloading, then queued 4 more from another site. They are not even attempting to connect or download. It queues and one of the files has 1400 seeders with only 75 leachers. Its not showing me that it is getting denied or anything like that, and I have not gotten a notification of harassment from my ISP.

I have really only heard stories about ISP's interfering. Dont know much about it. One person using the same service provider told me that he got an email about excessive bandwidth and this and that about their usage. Again I have not heard anything, or I would just change ISP's

the ISP is Cox if that means anything. I seed far more then I download? All other downloading from different sites non-torrent work perfectly.

it scans all the files as they download before you can access them, but and throws a fit if it doesnt like the behavior of a program. If you go to a website trying to install activex divx etc it will prompt, but its never messed with my stuff before. I pretty much dont ever look at it except to prompt it to scan and update. It does that automatically though every 3 days or so anyway.

Archived