Anyone else having tracker issues? (non TPB trackers)

SuprSpy79

Since TPB has been down I have tried to find other trackers. Yesterday I successfully used

udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80/announce

http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce

udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce

http://tracker.publicbt.com/announce

This morning I finished up a download for one torrent and it worked fine, a second torrent I had running went red about an hour ago, now neither of these trackers are working and it is telling me "connection reset by peer"

I have not changed anything, it just stopped working. I tested an open office torrent successful. Is it possible both those open trackers are down? or is it just me?

Regards

I'm having problems with http://tracker.openbittorrent.com/announce as well. Been happening to me since at least 0030 CDT today (torrent autoloaded from RSS, but none of the actual file has come across yet). I think I'm going to chalk it up to TPB being offline and everyone overloading the other trackers. It'll probably be alright when TPB's DNS catches back up and the secondary trackers return to their normal traffic levels.

yeah according to torrentfreak TPB trackers should be back up in a day or so. What is scary that is that these new open trackers are supposed to be a replacement or alternate and they can't handle the traffic (if that is in fact that case). Either way it is disheartening that none of them are working.

Oxwill: If you are making your own torrent you could also make your own tracker as well.

I just read over on the Mininova forums that TPB trackers and the openbittorrent.com trackers have the same IP lists for them, so it would stand to chance that they are also run by TPB and were shut down along with the "official" TPB tracker.

Looks like it's true too; here's my nslookup answers

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: tracker.thepiratebay.org

Addresses: 192.121.86.6, 192.121.86.2, 192.121.86.8, 192.121.86.7

192.121.86.5, 192.121.86.4, 192.121.86.3

Aliases: eztv.tracker.thepiratebay.org

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: tracker.openbittorrent.com

Addresses: 192.121.86.8, 192.121.86.4, 192.121.86.7, 192.121.86.3

192.121.86.6, 192.121.86.5, 192.121.86.2

Don't know how successful you'll be, but I was able to download some stuff by adding the publicbt tracker that you mentioned to a few torrents. Appears some others have done this too -- I've completed 5 of the 13 files with no trouble (most of the swarms on publicbt for the files I was downloading were 30-50 people). A couple of them have no one else in the swarm; probably because they aren't connecting to this tracker. I'll have to wait for TPB to come back online before I can get those. Still, I figured I'd post the results of my testing.

TPB (and openbittorrent) trackers still get "connection closed by peer" errors. Hopefully they come back up soon so we can just download without worrying about it again!

EDIT: Added swarm numbers.

yeah hydra same here, I have found a hand full of trackers that are running, so im keeping a list to add to any files that im trying to download. Some trackers dont work for certain files if they are not in their db but it seems to be working ok, peer exchange and DHT seem to be working.

• 3 months later...

Having the same issues. Maybe this will help. denis.stalker.h3q.com:6969/announce was down for me earlier but is working now, also tacker.openbittorrent.com/announce working, also tracker.torrent.to:2710 working. Tracker.torrentbox.com:2710/announce offline, and tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce is an unreachable network.

Archived