Normal/Slow problem

TD Starman

I have over 400 completed items on my hard drive. I've throttled my upload speed to 30 kB/s. I've noticed that if I allow all 400+ items to be available for seeding, my download speed drops to about 4 or 5 kB/s. If I stop all but a few items for uploading, then I get my normal 50+ kB/s downloading speeds. I would like to make all 400+ items available for uploading, at least until they reach a 3+ ratio. Actually, I would like to just make all of them available all of the time. I have tried to optimize using the preferences with all manner of different settings but with no luck. Is this a hidden feature that tries to maximize uploading because of the leechers or have I just missed something in the bandwidth settings? I have a high speed DSL/wireless connection from AT&T.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the troubleshooting references. My connection is via a gigabit RJ-45 hardwire through a LAN (home network) hub of 10mb to the DSL router. The wireless is currently unused as my laptop display backlight is on the blink. I tried limiting the number of upload slots to less than one hundred, dropping all the way down to 5 with no positive result. The maximum global connections is 400 and the numbers of peers is set to 100. Is that too high? I currently have some pressing commitments so it may be several days before I can read all of the reference material you listed, but thanks for the steerage.

Archived