Listen Port Error

Alexology

OK, I know that there are a number of posts about this issue and also a number of guides on how to fix it, I assure I have followed them to the best of my ability and it has not solved the problem.

Here is the situation:

1) Utorrent is displaying a listen port error.

2) the utorrent port checker tells me that the port is working correctly.

3) Any torrent that is trying to connect 'the pirate bay' is unsuccesful.

The result is that any game and also many movies that I am trying to download are PAINFULLY slow. It took me three weeks to download 6 GB. Other torrents (I won't specify, but I am a man and you can guess what I mean) download with the normal speed.

So my guess is that there are two issues here:

1) I am living in China and so piratebay is blocked. This I am guessing may not be fixable here.

2) there is some sort of issue with how utorrent is set up.

I am really desperate to get this moving again and so I will post any information that is required including screenshots.

I am running Windows vista Gamer Edition 2009, Service Pack1.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alexology

I have changed ports many times, most of them were tested (using the utorrent speed tester) and reported a problem.

Most of what I have learned about computers has been getting various torrents to work so I am a little out of my league here in terms of internet alterations.

The port I am using now is working ok according to the tester but I am still getting the little red icon telling me to change listening port in the utorrent main window.

I have turned off the Windows firewall, though I also added an exception. Secondly I am using Avira AntiVir. Though this is not really a firewall right?

Thanks for the help,

Regards,

Alexology

Archived