New Build crashing Peerguardian?

Peecat

Hullo! Just found that the 'new' build (I was late updating) crashes Peerguardian like clockwork for me every three minutes - changed NOTHING else (real standard system w/XP Pro, never a problem with anything in the past), rolled back to uTorrent 1.8 Beta and not a single crash since. Reinstalled the new build - crash crash crash. Rolled back, no crashes. Couldn't find any specific references to this in current threads, so maybe it's just me - just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else is havin' probs! *shrugs*

UPDATE: Two hours later - Upon further in-depth investigation, looks like it was a bad torrent causing the crashes. So I guess I'll keep my big mouth shut from now on. And for those of you who just wasted fifty seconds of your life reading this thread....mwah-hahahaha! I'm NOT giving it back!! I'll live...FOREVER on your stolen life energy!! MWAH-Hahahaha!! *Rubs hands together diabolically from within the dungeon laboratory*

Hmm - I'm not sure either, but that certainly fixed the problem; with that torrent removed, I was able to upgrade to the newest version and everything runs smoothly now. I narrowed it to a specific torrent that I added right when I started having problems - removed that one, and bingo - all problems solved and it all seems rock solid now; and that's about three hours of running whereas before I could only get the three minutes out of it.

I'll send some logs to the PG devs as per your suggestion, however - thanks Ultima! Heck, I'll even give you back your fifty seconds of life! Watch your inbox - it's in the mail! ;)

Archived