Separated Downloads from Uploads

inoxllor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This may be useful... But I think uTorrent should stay as "light" as possible, not bloated with useless (or resource consuming) features like other clients.

This feature would not bloat the application, and why would you post that reply on this feature request? This is one of the few feature requests that i have read on this forum that i would actually consider essential. It is very useful to be able to determine whether or not a torrent is complete based on its location in the window. The GUI update enacted in the most recent release makes looking at the general torrent information much easier, and i believe that seperating the downloads from the uploads will make using utorrent much more simple.

There is one very easy way to tell if a torrent is done if you aren't color blind - look at the icon. And if you are colorblind, look at the status.

There is more than one way to tell in this client. Then again, I am used to running console-based clients forked to background, so I check myself anyway...

I'd have to support True on this matter as ive said.. People are looking for every pro-lazy feature possible. I haven't used azureus in quite awhile, I wonder if thats where they picked up those nasty habits.

I've agreed with you on a lot of things chaos, but i don't want the separation because i am lazy. I want the separation because it would give the GUI a cleaner look, in my opinion. I already love the simple look of utorrent, and tabs are only one solution, but i'm sure there are others that would be ascetically pleasing and useful. If there are separate sections for uploads and downloads, then, later down the road, there could be section specific options on the actual GUI rather than in the option window.

I want the separation because it would give the GUI a cleaner look, in my opinion.

Absolutley! I agree with dajo!

I don't like the Stopped torrents getting underneath the Seeding torrents when I sort by Status... Now my Seeding torrents is smack in the middle of my torrent list, and that's just not right ;)

Separating completed torrents from downloading torrents don't cause this program to become bloated... It just gives it a cleaner look...when bloating programs that's like the opposite?

Why does everyone ask for almost every single Azureus "feature", "option," or "plugin" to be implemented in utorrent? A lot of them are good ideas, but this one just seems a bit overboard. Needing two sections on a window just to know if something is finished or not is (as chaosblade said) just a very "lazy" feature. Sure, a lot of features are there for pure convenience, but this one just takes up too much screen real estate to justify its usefulness. Three sections on a single window (downloading, done, and the information tabs) sounds like a lot of wasted screen space...

Id agree again but people are starting to dislike me appearntly :P

Hehe, bullshit, I don't think anything on this forum is personal at all...

Now to my point: I got an idea!

Check out this screenshot I modified with MS Paint ;)

utorrent9bw.th.png

What do you guys think about that idea?

Is faking the torrent names the feature????

lol just kidding. I think your mockup looks pretty good actually... It feels a bit "busy," but it's a good start. Also, it doesn't waste screen real estate by splitting the entire list (unlike Azureus), which is a plus! =]

Is faking the torrent names the feature????

lol just kidding. I think your mockup looks pretty good actually... It feels a bit "busy," but it's a good start. Also, it doesn't waste screen real estate by splitting the entire list (unlike Azureus), which is a plus! =]

Yeah! That was my thought. I think separating the whole torrent-list-area isn't a good solution... well not good enough for uTorrent ;)

To be honest, I dont really like the tree-split look myself (like Ultima said, its very busy looking, really not clean). But a good effort nontheless.

It was just a mockup. There are plenty of other ways to achieve this same functionality without the "busy look." I like the organization, but i dont like the extra lines everywhere. I'm sure that the developers could take this concept and spin out a very effective application for it, hopefully soon.

i do like the way azureus is split into the two sections but the only problem is where would the info part go ? It would also make the status icons pretty much useless which i wouldnt want to see happen as a few ppl have made some great icons. Plus i like looking at them :D. i am very happy with the way uTorrent is layed out at the moment. although the up/download in the status bar on the bottom should be switched around.

Archived