What on earth is happening?

mcfly666

Hi, Im using utorrent 1.8.4 and im getting quite a bad problem. Forgive me if i cant explain it well but I'll try.

I have a seperate folder just for downloads which is placed on a partition, this folder is simply called "downloads" I have quite a few files there. Now for instance I go to download a TV documentary, I load up the torrent and tell it where to save the file (downloads) This is where it gets really screwed up, the torrent loads and begins to download fine....

until I realise its downloading a program which is already on my H/D and already downloaded --> again, BUT the torrent still has the name of the original download --> WTF?

Its getting bonkers because some things D/L ok but say one episode out of a series will be something that is already on my H/D, this episode is 100% complete but utorrent still goes thru the motions and says its 20% complete, if you get my drift.

thanks guys, any explanation is welcome!

Its happens to both preview's and completed downloading, utorrent is just randomly choosing what .AVI's go with what folder ect ect.

The only thing i can think of is that i recently did a full install of my O/S. But i backed up my utorrent files from application data and imported them into utorrent on the fresh install (so i could still keep seeding) at first i thought "oh well I will sort out the downloaded torrents at a later stage" but I made this post because of the problem with new torrents I'm downloading.

Cheers for any advice

Archived