filewatcher

simplifyit

Hi all,

Was wondering if in the future a filewatcher feature could be added? I use a utility called Meta <browser /> that automatically changes the TV series and Movie names to correct name and adds descriptions etc to the file directory as well as changing the directory/folder name... obviously this breaks the torrent and you have to manually go and reset the download folder and reallocate the files etc....

A file watcher would solve this as when the file and or the folder name changes it automatically updates the .torrent file.

Cheers,

Felix

So how would you propose µTorrent detect the new name? How would it assume the file hasn't simply been deleted, and that a new file was added to the directory (same size, whatever) in between the last time it checked the folder, and the next?

In short, I couldn't imagine this being implemented in any efficient manner if it were to be foolproof (well, really, I don't even see any foolproof way of implementing this).

I am not sure how it could be implemented - however there are filewatcher type products out there but nothing that will work together with utorrent... Basically what i was hoping is that if a program like meta <browser/> changes the name of the file in a folder that the .torrent file would be updated to reflect those changes.

Cheers,

Felix

Archived