HELP! Port forwarding wireless problem

pedro045f

hi all,

i have just bought and installed a Belkin F5D8236 wireless N router which is connected to my huawei Cable modem.

i have installed it and it works well but when i tried to use utorrent the router keeps bloking the port. So i "port forward" my router and modem both . Now utorrent small icon turns green but only when i connect my computer directly to the wireless router with the cable. when i try to connect with wireless the icon turns red.

i had set my static ip for 192.168.1.2 in windows and in belkin router. im using a 17156 port. i also tried to turn of router firewall.

Please help me.

What's the DHCP range of your router?.

It's the Start & End IP's somewhere in your router. Mines was Advance settings -> LAN. and i saw my Start & End IP's. Check that and make sure the IP you set as static to your PC is not in the range. 192.168.1.2 is usually the start IP and end is 192.168.1.254. If the end ip is .254 change it to .100 and change your PC's static IP to .101 or above.

For the wireless i think you need to go into control panel and configure your wireless network to use a static IP (I'm not completely sure about this) Control panel -> Network connections -> (look for your wireless one). The rest of the steps should be the same as when you set a static IP for your wired network. Set the end to .102 and make forward the same port to that IP (the new static of your wireless card). keep the one for your wired one too.

Like this when you use your wireless card or wired one, the port will be forward to both IP's, 192.168.1.101 (wired connection) & 192.168.1.102 (wireless connection).

P.S I'm not an expert in this, so if this doesn't help you, then go to portforward.com and post in there forums, they can help you better than i can :) .

Ew a Belkin router. Anyway, if that model has you forward by picking the computer among a list of connected computers, it might treat the wireless side differently. If not, see what happens when you change IP's while on the wireless and then forward to that. Also, do you have "Access Point" mode on that particular model?

Archived