how do I restrict upload only to peer that i am d/l from?

321abc

I click on the "Peers" bar and i notice that my Utorrent is uploading say 4kB/s to a peer that im downloading say 1kB/s, while another peer that im downloading 200kB/s from, im only uploading 0.2kB/s to them?

How would i "choose" to upload more to the peer that im d/l 200kB/s while decreasing the upload to other peers that im not d/l that much from?

Sweteck, Well all of this uploading and downloading is all done automatically by Utorrent, i haven't done/retricted anything...(is that what you mean by "BT protocol overheads causing the upload" i don't understand what you mean, im very non-technical sorry)

The only reason why im concerned about this is b/c my d/l speed is like a cycle...it d/l at 200kB/s from "that" peer for like 30sec then all of a sudden it stops d/l (and uploading) to that peer and starts to d/l from another peer which makes my d/l speed go down to like 10kb/sec for like 1min...then the cycle reepeats again d/l at 200kB/s from "that" peer.

So is there a way to make my d/l speed kept constantly fast by jst d/l from that peer, rather than doing this 'cycle' fashion?

While it may be automatic...Downloading from someone requires your end to reply back even just to say "send more!". When you're downloading at 200 KiloBYTES/second from them...the upload needed to keep that going can be >1/50th that...or still >4 KiloBYTES/second!

No, there are no guarantees of speed from anything using BitTorrent.

Archived