Download Directly to WebUI Sever?

Xplorer4x4

One of the trackers i use has an ip based announce system so you have to download the torrent directly to the seedbox. On torrentflux, that was easy to do with the cookie management system. However I switched to a utorrent seedbox now, and I cant seem to figure out how to get this to work. I can download the torrent files directly to the server but the IP authentication fails. I asked the admin to consider the pass key system. He claims it would allow banned members to still leech. How do i get the torrent on to my box while getting the tracker to allow my box to leech?

I'm... not really seeing how that has to do with µTorrent itself. If you can get the .torrent file to µTorrent, then it'll use whatever IP it has to connect to the tracker. How is the tracker whitelisting IPs? Is it basing it on which IP gets the .torrent file? If so, you can add .torrent files by URL with the cookie method so that the seedbox can log in and get the file.

Edit: Link BBCode fixed.

Right, I'm not saying you should use RSS. There is a little section in the RSS tutorial that describes how one could use cookies while connecting to servers that use cookie-based authentication. It works for RSS feeds (as you might expect), but also works when adding .torrent files by URL via WebUI.

So for exmaple I go to the add torrent screen, and in the URL box:

http://www.site.net/download.php?id=53369&name=torentfilename.torrent:COOKIE:uid=1234;pass=1234

Is that right? That did not work at all.

I have tried just putting:

http://www.site.net/download.php?id=53369&name=torentfilename.torrent

in the torrent url box and putting:

uid=1234;pass=1234

in the cookies box, and it download the torrent but wont start leeching.

And yes there are peers on the torrent.

Not sure then. If it managed to get the .torrent file, then the cookie worked. The rest is up to the tracker and how it decides to whitelist IPs. If it's getting confused because you're logging in to get the .torrent file URL from one location, and actually getting the .torrent file from another, then maybe the tracker staff may know.

Well I cant see that being the issue because with torrentflux i could download it to the box and seed/leech fine. The box is running 1.8.3 and I use it on my PC as well for the tracker, so i know its not a banned version.

The tracker staff hasnt been to helpfull so far, but time will tell.

Thanks Ultima.

http://trac.utorrent.com/trac/ticket/83

This thread has made it clear that not knowing tracker statuses via WebUI makes the entire thing quite unusable for some... There are no guarantees that WebUI development will proceed in the immediate future, but that Trac ticket is just for keeping track of things like this for future reference, so good enough.

Archived