Next Version

geekyone

I just had to switch to Transmission, and I HATE it. The interface is horrible, it doesn't stop torrents at a particular ratio, I can't even sort them by ratio to find out which have seeded a ton, and I have to hunt out which torrent is actually downloading in the list.

I had to do this, because the bugs in the current version of uTorrent are just too much. Just a few small bugs less, and I would be able to deal with it. So I have to ask if there is going to be a version soon that addresses the worst bug issues that impede use.

As far as I know, these are speed limiting, port randomization being mandatory :P, and the ratio not showing correctly or stopping. If just the speed limiting and the port randomization were fixed, it might be the best torrent client, bugs and all. But I can't deal with the bugs anymore, which sucks, cause I love uTorrent.

I'm not asking for a time table, I just need to know if these bugs are close to being fixed, so I can either stop checking back here all the time, or feel at ease.

The interface is horrible

There's a UI section of the forums, where you're welcome to post what you don't like about µTorrent's UI and what you'd prefer it to have.

it doesn't stop torrents at a particular ratio
port randomization

Known bugs.

I can't even sort them by ratio to find out which have seeded a ton

Yes you can. ctrl click on the table header to show that column.

and the ratio not showing correctly or stopping

It should show up properly. If its not, thats a new, unknown bug.

speed limiting

This should work fine as well. Unless you mean the ability to micromanage torrents and set it on a per-torrent basis?

When there is an update, it will be pushed on Sparkle and will automatically ask you if you want to update.

Long night? :)

There's a UI section of the forums, where you're welcome to post what you don't like about µTorrent's UI and what you'd prefer it to have.
I can't even sort them by ratio to find out which have seeded a ton

I love uTorrent's UI, I was actually complaining that I had to switch to Transmission, which has a horrible AI.

Known bugs.

Yes, I know, that's why I asked about them. I consider them to be the primary reasons I can't use uTorrent as my main client.

and the ratio not showing correctly or stopping

I believe these are known bugs as well. I have seen others complain about them.

When a torrent surpasses the seeding limi set in the prefs, it continues seeding, ignoring the limit.

Also, ratio for total torrents is displayed incorrectly at the bottom. This seems to be caused by trickle reporting on active torrents. Basically, some level of data is shown as being transmitted when a torrent isn't actively seeding/downloading.

Speed limiting is also...wonky... I'm pretty sure I saw this as a known issue. Usually it's only a few k over, but I've had times where I had to put it down all the way to 5k just to keep it below 30k so I could keep watching a streaming vid.

This is not the bug reporting forum though, and not why I'm posting.

I was just hoping that someone could say if a new version was close which addressed the major bugs. I've spent days rooting out even tiny bugs in code before, so I understand how difficult it is. But I've been a mac user for a long time, and I don't want to waste my time waiting 6 months for a bug fix like with other applications, so maybe someone will take pity and tell me if a bug fix is close or not. I don't need a time/date, because I understand how debugging can go.

I believe if the worst bugs are addressed it will ensure the client is the best out there that I've used for the mac.

Not really...in a way...because I would like it if they told me if they were gonna ignore the mac client like most developers do, and will be 6 months or more before certain problems are addressed. :P I just wanted to know if progress was being made, so I don't waste my time checking back for a bug fix version. :P

Archived