Can't add new torrents via Web UI

bluemoonj

@simonbcn: That's like asking why µTorrent users running a stable build of µTorrent don't get automatically updated to an unstable build. The fact of the matter is, v0.362 is still a WIP build, and v0.361 is considered the "stable" build, so that's what gets served to users who don't manually install WebUI themselves.

BUT, after tinkering around with µTorrent+Wine, I think I've discovered the source of the problem: Wine.

fixme:file:ReplaceFileW Ignoring flags 2

This error is shown in the console every time I try to add a .torrent file via WebUI while running µTorrent 2.0, but never when I'm running µTorrent 1.8.5. What that means is that µTorrent 2.0 is using a Windows API (ReplaceFile with the REPLACEFILE_IGNORE_MERGE_ERRORS flag), which Wine hasn't yet fully implemented. As such, the right course of action is to file a bug report with Wine and get them to fix the issue.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Isn't it a good idea to workaround this wine bug in utorrent code, something like

if (wine)

{

// go 1.8 way

}

else

{

// go 2.0 way

}

when wine is ready, this workaround can be eliminated. There's number of users running uT under wine and there are a lot of trackers were's 1.8 version gets banned as outdated.

Cheerz.

• 1 month later...

Archived