Upload and Download speeds constantly climbing...

Alaton

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, but I guess this would be a speed issue.

Well, cutting to the chase, for some reason my total download speed and my total upload speed seem to be constantly rising even though I have no torrents running whatsoever. I'm already at 1.1Mb/s total download and about 750Kb/s total upload. (which I can't even get when running a torrent normally due to very slow connection speeds)

This normally wouldn't bother me, but this hasn't ever happened that I know of and it's severely affecting my connection. I've tried everything I can to fix it, read the FAQ and the Help sections, and searched for a solution here on the forums, but I haven't been able to find anything. (unless I was looking for the wrong issue)

Can anyone please help?

Steam is on my computer, yes, but that's only because I can't uninstall it. Steam hates me, and I hate it, so it's always inactive on my computer. (I don't even remember my login)

I'm not exactly computer literate, to be honest, so if you could speak in layman's terms that would help a lot. >.>

I can't entirely rule out viruses since I can't be 100% sure I do not have one, but I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. I haven't been able to connect to a seed for weeks now, and, assuming it's been the same problem the whole time, I ran a virus scan not long after I posted the thread. I also ran a spyware scan and a registry cleanup (using CrapCleaner).

I don't know what an RSS feed is to be honest. O.o Like I said, not very computer literate...some of the most simple things escape me sometimes.

Archived