webui license agreement

denf

Hello there,

I've surfed out the forum but haven't found any intelligible answer to question regards of `webui license agreement`. Which type of license (proprietary, gpl-style, bsd, public domain), if any, was applied to webui?

Currently I'm committer of 'ruTorrent' project ( http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/ ), rTorrent frontend that mostly based on `utorrent webui interface`. Can I use some webui parts and/or code, graphic elements on non-commercial opensource projects, or it's totally restricted?

Thanks.

wbr, Denis.

Just to be clear, it's not so much that there's a problem with users reusing the code -- as I mentioned in the thread Lord Alderaan linked to before, I really doubt Directrix would have any problem with it. It's just that formally, if he hasn't specifically accepted, it isn't fair to put a new license on his code. The best solution is indeed to get in contact with him and hope that he does license the thing under some open-source license (my contributions to the code with v0.362 would of course follow whatever he decides, I don't care one way or another). The only problem is that he hasn't been around in forever, so I'm not sure how easy it'll be to reach him.

Edit: Ah hah, I see this question was prompted by Simon's inquiry. If Directrix handed copyright over to BitTorrent Inc, then I suppose they'll indeed have to be the ones to issue permission...

Archived