tracker tab- where can i find information on this

carl606

ARR, yes moogly found it, thankyou so much.

Not sure if i should post a new topic for this, but i will mention it.

My upload speed on the "connection type" is xx384 kbps

I was just wondering what this means on the "affected settings" upload limit 35 KB/s is this still kilo bits per second, and what does the "upload limit mean"

If you want to moogly, i can post a new topic on this, or what would this be under in the help pages.... :cool:

thanks moogly.

Some good information in there,

So when you do a speed test about 4 or 5 times and you pick the average speed, which in my case was about

376 kb/s.

I could be wrong how this works, i just got the calulator, so 376 kb/s would be 47 KB/S

So the upload limit is 35 KB/s so does this mean it leaves you some like you say for web surf, phone etc..

some added info

I done the speed test at www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk, and this was the average.

the router is a bt home hub 2.0, and i am on a wireless connection, and about 200 yards from the exchange.

I have no idea if this is the normal speed , or if you can even increase your upload speed

You can use this website to measure the speed, they have many servers in the world: http://www.speedtest.net/

(you can make 2 or 3 runs and compute the average, no p2p, websurf etc during the test of course)

If you measured 47 KB/s, you can see the chart gives 35 KB/s as max UL (line 384 kbit/sec). And that's near 47 x 75%. So you save 25% of your max UL to do anything else than p2p.

Line 384 kbit/sec is a good ref. for your connection. Now you can use the chart to set Preferences > Bandwidth and Preferences > Queuing in uTorrent.

Thanks moogly,

I Tried a few servers in the uk moogly (upload speed) this is coming back at 0.38mb/s.....i take it this is (megabytes per second).

Which i am not sure how you would work this out in kbps, but it sounds roughly the same

http://www.speedtest.net/result/563813969.png.

I always get confused over "megabits" "and mega bytes" and how you can tell if its bits or bytes, can you put me straight on this.

(ie} my wireless connection status says 54.0 mbps...is this (megabits per second)

So would this be right

O.38mb/s = MEGABYTES PER SECOND

54.0mbps= MEGABITS PER SECOND

I was just going on this

384 kbps = kilobits per second

35 KB/s = Kilobytes per second

I am making note's on all of this moogly so i don't forget....:)

Capital B = bytes, other people get confused though, so try KB/s vs. Kbps (instead of Kb/s).

54Mbps = Megabits per second, on the wifi link this is your transmit rate (raw speeds). I've seen my router have a different transmit rate from me, usually slightly lower. The rate will become lower to compensate for low signal strength.

Mbps/8 = MB/s

The wireless speed of 54 megabits/sec is often less than 1/3 usable due to overheads, packet loss, and encryption. WEP can consume up to 80% of the bandwidth and has been thoroughly cracked -- hostile attackers can connect to a WEP network in less than 2 minutes. WPA and WPA2 consumes less bandwidth and are more secure...WPA2-AES has not been broken yet as far as I know.

The speed test result of 0.38mb/s upload is 0.38 megabit/sec -- ADSL generally cannot go faster than 1 megabit/sec upload. This means 384 kbps = kilobits per second which also means about 35 KB/s = Kilobytes per second.

The wireless speed of 54 megabits/sec is often less than 1/3 usable due to overheads, packet loss, and encryption. WEP can consume up to 80% of the bandwidth and has been thoroughly cracked -- hostile attackers can connect to a WEP network in less than 2 minutes. WPA and WPA2 consumes less bandwidth and are more secure...WPA2-AES has not been broken yet as far as I know.

The speed test result of 0.38mb/s upload is 0.38 megabit/sec -- ADSL generally cannot go faster than 1 megabit/sec upload. This means 384 kbps = kilobits per second which also means about 35 KB/s = Kilobytes per second

Thankyou for that GTHK , its all making a bit more sence now, noted it all down.

The speed test result of 0.38mb/s upload is 0.38 megabit/sec -- ADSL generally cannot go faster than 1 megabit/sec upload. This means 384 kbps = kilobits per second which also means about 35 KB/s = Kilobytes per second.

Great information Switeck. also noted.

using WPA-AES so thats a good thing anyway

Nice quoting skills ;) (sorry XD)

Good choice on WPA+AES, though hardware support isn't available in some very old tech. WPA+TKIP was made so that equipment using WEP could upgrade using only firmware, for the most part (WEP uses TKIP as well).

Reaching EOL though..

Archived