Read this first - Falcon introduction

Firon

Does anyone work with Falcon? :) Every time from the begininng of this feature I receive the following trying to connect:

98009371.th.jpg

Of course I have been invited and already created the account (even two accounts) but I cannot neither use them in uTorrent (last 2.1.18825) nor log in Falcon Home.

So is it working at all?

Hi gjf- would you mind trying this:

- Select the "Logger" pane in the main µTorrent window.

- Open the Remote Access preferences dialog.

- Disable Remote Access, and hit "apply".

- Re-enable Remote Access, and hit "apply".

Do any messages about Falcon, "Remote Access" or "proxying" appear in the Logger pane when you do this?

Thanks.

amcclure, sure I can. Here is the result:

[2010-04-06 00:52:37]  Disconnected from WebUI proxy service[2010-04-06 00:52:37]  Error contacting WebUI proxy service: Proxy connect error: connection closed by peer[2010-04-06 00:52:39]  Error contacting WebUI proxy service: Proxy connect error: connection closed by peer[2010-04-06 00:52:44]  Error contacting WebUI proxy service: Proxy connect error: connection closed by peer[2010-04-06 00:52:45]  Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

I notice in the Advanced preferences, that there are options for primary and secondary DNS - however changing them does not seem to alter the behavior of outgoing DNS requests by Falcon.

How exactly are these DNS settings used? Should they be set to anything specific?

I'm using two systems with different operating systems. Both are on the same network.

On one system, I update to the latest build (currently 18959 using XP) to test remote connectivity. On the other, I retain previous builds (currently 18825 using W7) for connectivity comparison.

On the 18959 system, download rates peak within minutes of startup and then level out to a consistent 9 kb/s.

On the 18825 system, the identical torrent provides and retains a peak download rate.

18959 also seems to hang around after exit. The process resides and must be ctrl-alt-deleted.

Ports are properly configured, throttling tests were negative. Malware scans also negative.

I'll continue with different configurations until I can get 18959 to perform properly.

Applied build 19225 to the system experiencing problems.

Remote connectivity = sporadic.

Peak dl/ul rates reached and maintained = success

Memory usage stabilization = resolved

Client removal from process list upon exit = resolved

Note: Upon application of a new build, I run the Options>Setup Guide tool in order to optimize the client based on current network conditions.

Nice work.

Hi all!!!

I've not found the improvement discussion thread, so I solve to write here.

I want to offer the next improvement in uTorrent:

in order to hold upload at first in the most "poor-seed" downloads, make some option "to seed skinny uploads at first"

wery often popular downloads are uploading with the highest speed, but skinny downloads are uploading with small speed, so downloading-lichers waiting too long to download it

so i think such option could set the necessary priority to use width of upload channel at first in the most need direction.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Oke, I have a problem with Utorrent on my mac... And it makes me crazy:S

Since i adjusted my mac download speed (youtube video) my whole internet got ... up. And it's dam slow now.. I tried to search for a solution on the internet but i can't find anything. The only thing that i find is to delete the file settings.dat, but i cant find it on my mac. And i turned hidden files on and i dind't find it neither. Please someone help me cause this is driving me crazy. (btw on my windows 7 pc my internet goes fast and on my mac it takes ages since i adjusted utorrent preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't think it deserved a new topic... but OMG! I can't believe it! I finally got a feature named after me! Yay! After all the *counts... 1... 2...* handful of little bug reports and feedback I've submitted a couple years ago... yay!

I dunno if I can use it just yet, with many private trackers blocking uberbeta versions of uTorrent (and I imagine they've got good reason to block a centralized web-access version of uT), but hey. If I can put in one feature request... keep the name the same ;)

Now it just needs a kickass logo to go along with the kickass name, and it'll be all-around a huge load of kickass.

I would like to be involved in this beta, how do I get an account so that I can login? I have already downloaded the latest version and tried to enable remote access but my client won't authenticate because I am not signed up.

• 3 weeks later...

I having a problem with 2.1 and rss feeds. In some of my feeds (for example: http://www.ezrss.it/search/index.php?simple&show_name=mad+men&mode=rss) there are episodes that are listed in the .xml feed that no longer have an active tracker (ie. bt-chat). This launches a warning "Unable to load file <episode> blah blah - OK". Several windows launch depending on how many feeds you have going. I have to click OK on about 3 dozen windows, however in the next minutes when the feed updates itself again I must close all these warnings repeatedly once more. This never happened in 2.02. Is it possible to have 3 statuses; New, Previously Downloaded, and Error? And the ability to manually mark objects in the feed like you would mark a message unread or read in an email client?

@animebuster No, that's not a current feature. If we added it, it would have to behave a little differently than the current WebUI guest account, since we'd need a separate password to keep your torrents completely private. If there's enough user demand, we would consider implementing it.

• 4 weeks later...

@darkwedder First, please use http://web.utorrent.com/ instead. The http://falcon.utorrent.com/ hostname is deprecated. That doesn't explain your current problem, but you should do it anyway.

You've downloaded and installed the µTorrent 3.0 Alpha and set up the "Web" (not "WebUI") preferences? When you filled out the username and password fields did it say "Registering" and then "Accessible"?

I see no "darkwedder" in our database. If you're using another username and you don't wish to keep it secret, you can tell it to me and I can search for it for you to see if the system believes you've registered successfully.

Archived