Read this first - Falcon introduction

Firon

already in use

Moved client to new machine. Is there a no way to move username to new machine?

FYI, usernames are tied to a specific uTorrent client install, so you can't "move" your username from one computer to another, at least not without some settings.dat hacking.

doug2h: If you send us an email at falcon@utorrent.com with your username we can "free" it to be re-associated with another system.

To everyone who's been getting the "username already in use" error, we discovered a misconfiguration last week and corrected it. You should be able to connect if you'd been seeing this error. Please give it another shot, and thanks for your patience during the beta.

Hi there, every time I try to log in to Falcon I receive the following error :

401: Remote client returned an authorization-related error

The remote uTorrent client could not verify your username or password. This may be due to an intermittent connection problem, or a username or password mismatch. Please check them and try again.

Have tried :

2 different logins

2 different computers (Laptop XP SP3, PC Win7 x64)

Disabled Firewalls on both computers

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - yes, multiple times.

Connecting to another uTorrent computer on LAN

Connecting to another uTorrent computer on a different network

Using: uTorrent 2.1 Alpha (Build 18304)

Remote access shows:

Remote Access status: this client can now be connected to

Logger example:

[2010-02-24 22:53:03] *** Starting Diagnostic thread ***

[2010-02-24 22:53:26] Got proxy service response (ec2-67-202-62-90.compute-1.amazonaws.com:9051, 32 bytes): persistent connection initiated

I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info. We've identified a bug where users will sometimes see the 401 errors when they attempt to login, even when they provide the correct username and password.

We have a fix for the bug which is in testing right now. We'll update Falcon as soon as it passes.

In testing, we see the 401's intermittently. Usually if we attempt to login a few times it will succeed. I haven't seen it happen consistently, as you describe.

It happens for a known reason, when the random values used in SRP have certain properties. Thus it's random; you might never see it, or you might see it a few times in a row. In theory, you could see it every time, but it's highly unlikely. I'd recommend you retest after we fix the known bug, and if it's still not working we can try to reproduce what you're seeing.

Thanks for your patience during the beta.

EDIT:

A fix for the 401 issue was pushed to Falcon this afternoon (2010-03-01). You should no longer see 401's except in cases where the username or password is actually incorrect. If you continue to see the issue, please clear your browser cache. If you still see it after that, let us know and we'll look into your case further.

plz help he....

plz help he....

plz help he....

i am register in thepiratebay.org ..but when i am login with my user name and password.. there are a error masses... WRONG PASSWORD OR USER NAME... i am changing the password ... thepiratebay.org send me a new password but don,t work....

plz help he....

plz help he....

plz help he....

plz help he....

plz help he....

18429 degraded bandwidth?

Since upgrading, I've seen bandwidth usage drop off significantly. When launching, things work great for a while, but then I come back to it a couple hours later and all torrents are in the 0.5k/s to 4k/s range. Restart the app, and everything jumps to normal - repeat ad nauseum.

18429 degraded bandwidth?

Since upgrading, I've seen bandwidth usage drop off significantly. When launching, things work great for a while, but then I come back to it a couple hours later and all torrents are in the 0.5k/s to 4k/s range. Restart the app, and everything jumps to normal - repeat ad nauseum.

Noticed the same, started after update from 18304 to 18429

never got on previous versions but I get Disk overload: 100% trying some of the suggestions for previous posts about overload.

I have recently upgraded to the latest version of uTorrent 2.1 Alpha 18304.

I Downloaded a torrent, and it loaded ok into the client, but now it's unresponsive, and I can't get it out of the taskbar.

I uninstall it, but now I can't reinstall it without another unresponsive instance of uTorrent running.

Edit: Never mind, folks. Alcaholjunkie on the IRC chan helped me out. :)

From the OP:

Token auth must be disabled (webui.token_auth). We'll fix it soon.

I'm pretty sure this is fixed now :)

And I can add RSS feeds (and they show in µTorrent) but Falcon doesn't list them yet.

Also the webui.cookie has disappeared from the action=getsettings list and action=setsettings&s=webui.cookie&v={STUFF} results in an invalid request now. Both still work in 2.0.

eratos2000: When you say "it used to work," you mean that you were connected, logged in to Falcon via the web, etc.? The whole system? Try connecting your client again and you should be able to connect without the registration failure and then log in. Sorry for the trouble.

Falcon doesn't seem to connect.

Using the latest build: (18683) on Windows 7 x64 & using user:Nathan (I also have user nathanrdotca & both give this error).

The error I'm getting is:

Remote access: This client cannot be connected to.

[2010-03-24 05:19:23] Disconnected from WebUI proxy service

[2010-03-24 05:19:28] Error contacting WebUI proxy service: The requested address is not valid in its context.

Is there a port it uses, that I don't have opened? That's the only thing I can think of.

Thanks.

regarding my post http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=465534#p465534

I found out that issue was caused by old uTorrent v2.0 data in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent. Removing folder allowed client to start. I tried to import some of my old torrents that were still downloading and found out that this new version of uTorrent has very hard time digesting large torrent files. One i tried to add was 10 megs. Once i opened torrent file uTorrent hang for a long long time, up to 30 mins i think. After that add torrent dialog opened, there i had lagspike each time when i used UI. My guess is that this was caused due to redrawing UI, since listbox with files has insane number of files in it. When i finally clicked ok uTorrent, so far so good, requesting full check hung client again. CPU usage this time was 2-7% (50% during initial torrent loading). This went on for another 30 or so mins. After that seems to work as normal.

Archived