uTorrent doesn't want to use old settings

Pegart

Hey, I've been searching the forums and didn't find any solution to the problem. Actually I have two.

The first one is, that after installing uTorrent and copying old settings over the new ones in %appdata%\uTorrent uTorrent.exe starts the installation process again instead of running the application itself.

Then I tried copying old settings where uTorrent is installed and it worked. At least until I've closed uTorrent when it gave me a warning that said "unable to save the resume file" which gave me an option to retry (which doesn't work) or cancel.

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 today.

I don't know how, but it works now. How come that the settings are still there if I deleted them and replaced them with blank ones?

Nevertheless I would still like that the files would be only in %appdata% and not in two places. And which ones are being used now?

Oh, so that's the thing that I can change in the preferences under directories? If so, nothing changed and the folder is the same as before (and even the same as in previous OS) when everything worked.

This error only occurred when I deleted the settings files in the program folder and copied them in the %appdata%\utorrent folder. I would think that nothing actually changed (only the path to the settings files) so why is there a problem?

Archived