keyboard shortcuts for bandwith usage

zerocool1

i think it would be great to see keyboard shortcuts to control the amount of bandwith on utorrent. or maybe some hotkeys to disable and enable upload and download. the reason i say this is because i use voip with the magic jack and skype. when i let utorrent use max bandwith it does not let me make or recieve clear calls as the bandwith is all used up. now i could cut down the bandwith by limiting it with utorrent manually or turning off utorrent but it would be much faster to have hotkeys. i can see it usefull in other instances like viewing webpages and watching utube videos. the reason i say this is because utorrent works well it does take more time to go in there and set ul and dl limits when u could feasibly do it with a hotkey

let me know what u think

best reguards

• 2 years later...

Even I would like to get a shortcut for this. If uTorrent is set to use unlimited bandwidth, the browsing speed becomes way too low. But, there are times I want to grant it unlimited bandwidth. Thus, I would like a shortcut to toggle it from limited to unlimited bandwidth, or even a shortcut to increase/decrease 'global bandwidth limit'.

I think that just a few click using utorrent self-limited bandwidth of utorrent is enough. We don't often use it very often. Just select the torrent and select the speed.

Secondly, we don't mind utorrent to download, just left it there at the tray. It will patiently download things for us. We have the scheduling function as well

I believe that this function has already built. but there is no need to assign hot key for that. We don't use it very often like we use MS Word, or Excel.

What do you think? :D

Archived