µTorrent on Windows 7.

AssassiN

Hey guys,

I recently installed Windows 7 Professional and ever since µTorrent has been showing a red icon where there is usually a green one (if connections are ok) or a yellow triangle indicating a port forwarding issue, in most cases.

I have disabled the firewall inside windows and I'm not using any 3rd party firewalls. I have set it up to the same port (49152) as it was before I put Win7 on this pc. I was using Win XP before and had never seen the red icon. It was always either the green or yellow one, in which case after forwarding the ports everything was ok.

Are there any hidden blocking programs in Windows 7 that I don't know about? What could be causing this? I see no reason for it not to work, since the router settings aren't changed. I tested the port with the online checker (http://www.utorrent.com/testport?port=49152) and it forwards properly. I don't know why I'm getting the red icon though.

Also there's no apparent problems with download speeds or connections, although I've only used private trackers since the reinstall and they always provide good speeds.

Archived