Vista crashes if more than 4 torrents are active

jaystak

I've had crashing problems with uTorrent recently, so I installed the latest version ( 1.8.3 ) but the problems remain. If I am actively downloading more than 5 or 6 torrents, Vista will completely crash. I get a blue screen and an automatic reboot. However, with 4 or less active torrents, uTorrent seems more stable. I am running Vista Premium Home Edition. I keep my system malware free at all times. The only firewall I run is the Windows Firewall, and my antivirus program is Kaspersky 2010. This never happened on older versions of uTorrent. How can I fix this?

Ok, I turned off the Auto-Restart and opened uTorrent. I had 6 torrents running. After about 20 minutes, Vista crashed again with the blue screen. The error message said:

" A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL "

Is there any way around this?

I found the Minidump folder in Windows, but it's empty, even after I check Show Hidden Files. I did an advanced system search for *.dmp but nothing showed up. Why don't I have any dump files on my system? And how can I fix this uTorrent problem? Having searched the forum, it seems many people are having the same problem with BSOD crashes.

Archived