Ports Won't Open

coldsec

My port for uTorrent suddenly closed itself. I've tried changing the port 3 more times and reset my PC, but it's still reporting that it's not open.

I'm not using Peerguardian, an ip filter(that I know of), and I've tried disabling my firewall. I've also checked that it's forwarding to the right IP(it is) and I've tried Vuze with the same [closed port] result.

It was working fine a week ago and I can't think of anything I could have done that would cause this.

Note: My ISP is Comcast

The thing is, I disabled my firewall (Comodo, which hasn't caused problems with any bittorrent apps I've used). I have AVG anti-virus, but that shouldn't cause problems either afaik.

Like I said everything was working fine up until about a week ago. The only significant thing I can think of would be Sony's "Station Launcher", and I'm doubtful that it comes with a sort of firewall running in the background even after the launcher is closed.

Ok so I removed the uTorrent entries from Comodo and added it back as a trusted application. I also checked their website and tried their instructions for uTorrent(but trusted app definitely should have worked).

I also tried uTorrent's testport on another pc without a firewall installed and had the same "An error has occurred" message. Vuze's test gives a nat timeout error.

I have the same problem that coldsec had. I forwarded a port and it had been working until two days ago. I reset my router, took utorrent off of the firewall and let be found again; I have a static ip and the port is enabled according to my router. However, when I check, it says the port is still closed.

Archived