Jump to content

Port Forwarding Issues After 3 Hours of Setup


Recommended Posts

I have a port forwarding problem. I have run through all the setup suggestions under the utorrent speed setup guide.

I continue to get the following error when I test and see if I have forwarded the port correctly:


Checking port 12543 on

An error has occurred!

Port 12543 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information if you need to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian 2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com ( in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).


I've been through the setup found at www.portforward.com (turned my IP address to static vs. dynamic and set the port to forward). I'm only using PeerGuardian 2 and even when I turn it off utorrent won't download anything. Just a lot of red download arrows. The status bar along the bottom of the utorrent window says, "No incoming connections".

I've ruled out my Windows firewall (turned it off for a few hours to see if that would fix the issue) and PeerGuardian 2 (turned it off for a few hours to see if that would fix the issue). The only other options I can think of are my Internet provider and the utorrent application itself (just installed 5 days ago).

Anyone have any ideas I haven't tried yet? Is this a problem with my provider? Is it possible that my Internet provider is blocking torrent downloads?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the tracker status(es) are "offline (timed out)", "host name not found", "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.", "connection closed by peer", even a few "invalid URL".

The [DHT], [Local Peer Discovery], and [Peer Exchange] all show "working".

Update In times are now reaching the 25-30 minute mark before an update will occur.

I checked the search option looking for "port forward" but it just timed out and wouldn't responsive either.

It doesn't matter though because even with my port not forwarding... I found the issue. I opened up the manual (F1) and discovered the one setting that I had missed this time when I installed the application. I hadn't changed the Protocol Encryption from Disabled to Forced. My Internet Service provider was blocking uTorrent entirely. Thanks for the help though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...