Im uploading to seeds.....

e-on

This started at 1.8.4. What happens is that Im uploading to seeds while Im downloading a torrent, and I keep downloading after I reached 100% download. These download and upload speeds are very low between 0.1 and 2.0 kB/s, but I wanna fix this because it also effects my ul and dl rates. To try and fix this, I installed 1.9 Beta, and problem got worse, then today changed to 2.0 beta and problem stays. Does anyone have any idea? I could not find similar problems anywhere on the internet, so decided to ask here. Thanks in advance.

As a sidenote, my general upload and dowloadspeeds work perfectly okay.

Many ppl are having the same problems, after the new build release. The network status got all whack.

Umm i was cruising around the forums, what might help is enabling the "protocol encryption." Set it to enabled, if that does not work ,switch it to forced.

lemme know what happens

Enjay, so this is a more common issue then. I had 'protocal encryption' already enabled and set it to forced a while ago. I just now tried to set it only to 'enabled'. Problem stays. I might try to disable it alltogether?

If this happens a lot with the newer built releases, I might switch back to 1.8.3, I had no issues there at all. Im open to anymore suggestions. Thanks for your fast reply!

Switeck, I tried and it works. I had no idea this is normal behavior as previously, as you say, it wasnt visible and I thought maybe my settings are wrong etc. Also, I can handle anything, its just very annoying (and even confusing) to see Im downloading while Im not or uploading to seeds and it clutters the seeds and peers that are at work (visibility). Just very annoying. Thanks a lot.

TCP networking has a large amount of 2-way traffic just to maintain the connection.

The BitTorrent protocol adds additional overhead on top of the unavoidable TCP overheads.

For every ~50 kbit/sec downloaded, 1+ kbit/sec upload bandwidth is consumed. That's *AT BEST*!

With bad settings (lots of connections, high half open)...downloading at 100 KB/sec might require >10 KB/sec of upload bandwidth!

Archived