Access Denied (NOT uTorrent- my modem!)

Calebros

So when I'm downloading torrents, and only when I'm downloading torrents (as in, I can download anything from a website through Firefox/IE just fine), my internet connection will completely cut out and when I log into my modem, under 'Network Status,' it will either say Allowed and lose the ISP-assigned IP address or will show Denied Access completely. Power cycling modem and router will fix this. I have a WRT54G with DD-WRT, a Linksys WCG200 router/modem combo (with routing function turned off), and Comcast.

Is this Comcast's doing? I wouldn't think so as I thought they slowed down connections instead of severing them altogether. I also would think that, were it Comcast, that power-cycling wouldn't fix this as there'd be some sort of hold on my IP or something.

Is my modem dying? My modem 4-5 years old, so it might just be showing it's age.

Well it's not the router, because it was working perfectly at my other place before I moved in here with my aunt. Only thing that's change is the modem. I raised the maximum number of connections for the modem, did port forwarding and all that. All settings I can access are optimal.

Archived