Jump to content

uTorrent 0.9.2 Doesn't stop seeding at user seed preference setting


Recommended Posts

Just finished seeding a 4.8GB file at my seeding preference of 1.5:1. uTorrent just carried on when my seeding preference ratio was achieved. It did not stop or terminate multicast connections, requiring user surveillance and intervention when seeding level preference ratio is achieved.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yep, it is on mine anyway - I captured the whole window with grab. It ran-on seeding the other day as well, which I mentioned in another post.


Oh this was in the sys.log when I closed the programme, but I'd all ready reported it as possibly associated with the rolling seed window-frame counting problem. But it might be the missing bit of window you're looking for.

Fault: SYS.log for seeding ratio counted up to 16.630 (24-09-09; 16:55, whilst seeding 4.8GB file)

Sep 24 16:57:30 uTorrent[37238]: An instance 0x264b50 of class MainWindowController is being deallocated while key value observers are still registered with it. Observation info is being leaked, and may even become mistakenly attached to some other object. Set a breakpoint on NSKVODeallocateBreak to stop here in the debugger. Here's the current observation info:\n<NSKeyValueObservationInfo 0x2a9190> (\n<NSKeyValueObservance 0x299280: Observer: 0x22e1d0, Key path: sidebarMenuText, Options: <New: NO, Old: NO, Prior: NO> Context: 0x257740, Property: 0x297b20>\n)


One other point was that when I was running yesterday in the uT message log I had a continuous stream of time-stamped [**:**:**] messages that seemed to be a variable stream of numbers, for example: [17:50] uTP = 0: TP = 61440

I don't know if I've remembered the format correctly, but it was something similar to that continuous, with uTP varying in number from 0 to the thousands. I was busy trying to resolve my port closing issue at the time so didn't save them or reflect upon what they might mean. They didn't mean anything useful to me as messages so apart from noting them I just ignored them. I'm downloading a 1.8GB file at the moment and the uT message log only has this in it:

[10:51:37] Loaded ipfilter.dat (0 entries)

[10:51:37) IPv6 is installed

And that's it. None of these other continuous messages. The window-frame seeding level seems stable, everything looks normal and my port is staying open okay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks. A bit more on this problem. I've just finished downloading a 1.9GB file running uT under Throttle Pro, which is a unix bolt-on that caps UL speeds and does what it says on the tin: http://www.intrarts.com/throttled.html I've set my UL speed limit in uT and Throttle Pro to my current UL limit, 60kB/s.

Throttle Pro also manages ACK priority locally with my router, there's a bit more background on it here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/downup.html I've found a lot less SYN Floods UDP floods and 'Smurfs' in the router log and my retransmit calls have substantially reduced. I monitored the file transfer under uT with XPmonitorx, a diagnostic tool for networks: http://www.sustworks.com/site/prod_ipmx_overview.html

My port has remained open reliably throughout this entire file transfer today and I pinged it regularly with http://www.canyouseeme.org and a double-check backup with http://corz.org/probe?tcp_port=# I didn't see any scrolling random numbers in the uT message log, and the window-frame seeding indicator remained stable and within my ratio 1.5:1. My ratio setting also remained constant throughout. So it was a good run really, the best I've had so far, with only this run-on past seeding ratio still present. The uT preference window was identical to the one I posted above.




Click to enlarge. The first image shows DL completing and seeding continuing (green DL, red UL) - you can see how Throttle Pro flattens multicast UL spikes to my broadband speed tested limit for my ISP line (60kB/s). The second picture just shows DL continuing past my seeding ratio - XPmonitorx auto scales the trace, so better resolution on this picture due no DL trace spikes. The third picture shows that all connections are maintained after seeding is completed. You can see this in the firewall console logs as well.

The blue lines are retransmit calls. I'm getting a lot less of these with my UL speed capped by Throttle Pro to my line limit. First two pictures scaling is linear, not the third one though.

I'm using a macbook pro with belkin router (F5D7632-4), OS X 10.5.8, intel, with uT 0.9.2 beta.



One other point, although I'm still getting this run-on past seeding problem, some of the other odd phenomena may have been due to my clumsy port allocations without checking the list first for unassigned ports:


dunno, but its possible I suppose.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...