Error: Access is denied

ConflictChris

I have been using utorrent fine for the past two years, but about 4 days ago it stopped working. I can add torrents, but when they start downloading, it works for 1-2 minutes, then stops saying "Error: Access is denied". This is happening for every torrent. I haven't changed anything with my modem, or permission, or download location, or download speed, or anything at all with my computer. Why all of a sudden do I have this problem?

Please help! I'm living abroad and if I can't access English tv, I will die!

You currently have "hostile" software on your computer that's trying to access (and possibly modify) the files uTorrent is trying to use...and blocking uTorrent as a result!

What software firewall/s and antivirus do you have?

1st link in my signature gives troubleshooting tests to do to solve the problem.

hi, im having the same problem, i thought maybe it was my av internet security suite so i turned it off, then maybe i thought it was windows defender, not that. and avg turns its firewall off., made sure utorrent is accepting public and private.... it doesnt state which program is giving me this problem?

[Rest of message deleted! READ THE Announcement ABOVE!]

Well for me it turned out to be a problem with wireless connection tried it all too changing destination folder diferent sites different torrents and id just changed address ended up giving BT remote accsess had to go the direct wire into home hub too but after an hour .half a bottle of wine and 10 ciggs he done it . Cant beat a bit off support especially when your paying them enough money for net accsess and i told them its for peer to peer accsess nothing to fear there you cant send 4 hours of home video on email can you. appolagise for grammer good luck,,,peer to peer is not illegal only the some of the content being shared not by are good selfves ahem ahem x reset the home hub six times and restarted pc about the same turned of kaspersky. keep windows defender off anyway its just advisory and no use.tried updates but some how he done it and im back on the dl and ul get support we paying enough i even pay geek squad 9 pounds a month for extra support

Archived