1.8.4 Throttling Problem on Windows 7

SlimJimGuyMan

On Windows 7 with uTorrent 1.8.4.16667 I am noticing that when a Torrent reaches the maximum download speed permitted by Scheduler, instead of throttling the Torrent to that speed, it throttles it to 0 and effectively stops the Torrent. If I stop and then start the Torrent, it climbs its way back up to the Scheduler limit but then plummets back down to 0 again. Everything is fine if I disable Scheduler, and everything is fine with uploads even with Scheduler turned on. If I have two Torrents downloading, one will be throttled to 0 and the other will correctly be throttled to the Scheduler limit... Has anyone else noticed this problem? I know Windows 7 probably isn't officially supported yet but hopefully somebody has seen this before.

That would make sense. A speed test shows 15 Mb/s down. It would make sense because it doesn't always happen. I even have my max. number of connections set to 100 which any router should be able to handle (I'm a wireless client on my home network)... My router is quite old though and I've been looking at getting a new one. I think I'll pin this problem on the router.

Archived